Model of Car:
    2.3i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    just bought my mates e46 which was keyed v badly about 2 month ago , never been repaired before so a straight enough car, anyway the car went into a reputable bodyshop, then i went with the mate when he picked it up as it was still his car, i did see at the time some buff marks and a few silicones but he was just happy to get it back and i didnt want to burst his bubble, he didnt clean the car till i bought it some 4 weeks later now i obviously cleaned it (it wasnt bad) and noticed some things that concerned me, the crome trim on the windows wasnt put back on properly door handle was shy on the paint the glass had been scratched probably after the spray and the body had loads of swirls which they had done with a buffer, i took it back to the bodyshop and complained as the warranty is 3 years on the work but dunno if its transferable , but they agreed to fix what i have mentioned, the glass i dont know if they will but i will really go to town if they dont, am i being to fussy baring in mind the respray cost as i have the reciept for £3500, i personally think it should be bang on the button for that money, i cant understand why on brand new paint they would have to leave swirls on, what do you guys thinks, i would have thought the buffing would have been done before the laquer not after...

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    xXxStKxXx's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    man
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Thanked 6,073 Times in 4,855 Posts
    For that price it should be a bang on job

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Perfection Detailing's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    N/A
    Year of Manufacture:
    N/A
    Transmission Type:
    N/A
    Car Body Type:
    N/A

Thanks
    As said for £3,500 it should be spot on, as for the swirls and buffer trails its not at all unusual to recieve the car back covered in buffer trails etc. The amount of bodyshop horror storys that have been posted on detailing world backs that up and I've dealt with a fair few myself, crazy I now as you would think being a bodyshop they would know what they are doing but unfortunatley most of them dont.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bfuk Legend
    Car Details
    RJB328i's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    350i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    2 door vert
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,626 Times in 4,238 Posts
    sounds to me like poor spraying, i would take it back and make them put it right and for 3.5k they should, bloody day light robbery

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    dave16v's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    2.3i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    thats what i thought , the other half thinks as per usual i am being to picky again as does the mate and i agree i am very fussy i like my cars mint , the job anit a bad job colour is bang on as its metalic but the glass is really p$ssing me of as there wasnt a mark on the glass, you know the usual scrapper marks that give away repairs or its been in to a bodyshop, the manager said that they dont scrape the glass for overspray etc but hey hes a saleman at the end of the day recon hes having a bit of a turkish, i did laugh when he said why dont you have a cuppa and we will try to fix some of the issues, erm i dont think so .......its really tough acroos britain to find a cracking bodyshop many are useless and expect joe public to be happy with the work they do but many people dont check or know what to look for , recon i am gonna have to go to town on this lot but the car is now in my name which kinda makes it harder as it wasnt my insurance company that paid out , but the warranty should be transferable eh, its not like its a custom made stainless exhaust or somit,

Bfuk Legend
    Car Details
    RJB328i's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    350i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    2 door vert
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,626 Times in 4,238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dave16v View Post
    thats what i thought , the other half thinks as per usual i am being to picky again as does the mate and i agree i am very fussy i like my cars mint , the job anit a bad job colour is bang on as its metalic but the glass is really p$ssing me of as there wasnt a mark on the glass, you know the usual scrapper marks that give away repairs or its been in to a bodyshop, the manager said that they dont scrape the glass for overspray etc but hey hes a saleman at the end of the day recon hes having a bit of a turkish, i did laugh when he said why dont you have a cuppa and we will try to fix some of the issues, erm i dont think so .......its really tough acroos britain to find a cracking bodyshop many are useless and expect joe public to be happy with the work they do but many people dont check or know what to look for , recon i am gonna have to go to town on this lot but the car is now in my name which kinda makes it harder as it wasnt my insurance company that paid out , but the warranty should be transferable eh, its not like its a custom made stainless exhaust or somit,
    The Piant work is under warranty not you, so take the car back and complain until they put it right, i bloody would until they were sick in the teeth, or if they dont, tell them you are going to take it to another garage and send them the bill then its up to them, good luck mate

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    dave16v's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    2.3i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    i did used to work for a detailing and valeting company when i used to come home from working offshore and used to fix bad oxidization on many cars as well as the usual standard valets but i dont have the expertise of polished bliss they really know there stuff seen some amazing results, recon you guys will of heard of them, the wife and mates recon i should be happy with the body work as theres no rust or the usual stone chips, it does look real good to the untrained eye plus its a 1999 but thats no excuse for robbing barstewards charging 3500 and taking 2-3 weeks, i like my cars pristine and granted it was and still is a nice example of a e46 had never been pranged or into a bodyshop before maybe i am asking for too much and should just be happy with it and let it be ...........eye right ,and ill get a sniff of cheryls coles ba£g£r , it just aint gonna happen lol. its going in on the 14th dec as i am of to the canaries next week , recon a visit tomorrow to really get the message home is on the cards

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    N/A
    Year of Manufacture:
    N/A
    Transmission Type:
    N/A
    Car Body Type:
    N/A

Thanks
    i did used to work for a detailing and valeting company when i used to come home from working offshore and used to fix bad oxidization on many cars as well as the usual standard valets but i dont have the expertise of polished bliss they really know there stuff seen some amazing results, recon you guys will of heard of them, the wife and mates recon i should be happy with the body work as theres no rust or the usual stone chips, it does look real good to the untrained eye plus its a 1999 but thats no excuse for robbing barstewards charging 3500 and taking 2-3 weeks, i like my cars pristine and granted it was and still is a nice example of a e46 had never been pranged or into a bodyshop before maybe i am asking for too much and should just be happy with it and let it be ...........eye right ,and ill get a sniff of cheryls coles ba£g£r , it just aint gonna happen lol. its going in on the 14th dec as i am of to the canaries next week , recon a visit tomorrow to really get the message home is on the cards
    They have got to sort it out at the end of the day especially having charged £3,500

Or as said have somon else (another bodyshop) inspect the car and get them to write a detailed report with the price to put the car right and give it to them

I have an excellent bodyshop down near me that do all my work and my customers but a bit far away for you lol..

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perfection Detailing For This Useful Post:

dave16v (26-11-2009)

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    dave16v's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    2.3i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    i take it its ok to mention that i have posted whats happened on this forum seeing as its the best forum going , sometimes it does make companies sit up and listen, baring in mind this is one of the biggest companies in the country

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    N/A
    Year of Manufacture:
    N/A
    Transmission Type:
    N/A
    Car Body Type:
    N/A

Thanks
    You havent mentioned anyones name so sure its fine mate....

i take it its ok to mention that i have posted whats happened on this forum seeing as its the best forum going , sometimes it does make companies sit up and listen, baring in mind this is one of the biggest companies in the country

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast