Only had my car a couple of months but one thing that had been bugging me was the condition of the seats, drivers side in particular.
Not having the money to get them re-upholstered or find a replacement, i brought a repair kit from Buffalo Leather and gave it a shot. Only cost £29.99 and although the finish isn't perfect, hopefully it will stop the damage getting any worse and looks a bit more pleasing to the eye
This is the kit: Ordered on sunday and delivered tuesday morning.
All in all took around 5 hours but at least 2.5 of those were waiting for everything to dry inbetween steps.
The bottom bolster had a small hole and some scuffs / discolouring. The process was relatively simple:
1. Clean area thouroughly (kit contained a cleaning pad and leather cleaner)
2. Cut out a sub patch and glue on top of the foam under the leather hole
3. Fill the hole with leather filler and leave to dry
4. Sand down the filler until flush
5. Using a sponge / spatula, apply the pigment and dry with a hair dryer
6. Apply protective coating
Anyway here are the results:
You can still see where the hole was, looks like the leather stretched but looks a lot nicer
Side bolster was knackered and i wasn't really expecting too much from the kit. It had a hole and loads of deep scratches and scuffs and hardly any colour at all.
Looks a lot better but the damage was too great to smooth it out completely, hardly noticable from a distance though.
At least i'm not ashamed to open the door anymore