Model of Car:
    318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    yh that pic makes it look worse than it really is think its where the clear plastic front reflects off my phones camera im not a fan of paintin bulbs cuz i done this one and after a few months it started to discolour lol so always gone with leds and i will prob put leds in the headlight switch aswell

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    newbbie's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316i se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Have been reading your thread did you get your headlight switch done ? I am going to go with blue for my dash also but will prob just go tieh the blue bulb for the headlight switch as it is easier to change. Was it difficult to get the dials out ? I dont have steering adjustment in my 95 saloon so would prob have to take the wheel off:(

BMW Master
    Car Details
    wilts's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    I have a fixed colum but can easy get my clocks out, the dias are so easy to take apart.

To do list.
    1.Coilovers
    2.Leather seats-(Done)
    3.M3 front splitter
    4.Boot lip spoiler-(Done)
    5.M-tech steering wheel

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Horny Devil 8's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by newbbie View Post
    Have been reading your thread did you get your headlight switch done ? I am going to go with blue for my dash also but will prob just go tieh the blue bulb for the headlight switch as it is easier to change. Was it difficult to get the dials out ? I dont have steering adjustment in my 95 saloon so would prob have to take the wheel off:(
    Ah you may have a problem then lol all i done was lowered my steering wheel as much as i could which gave me enough room to get my hand and a flat head screw driver round the back to undo the clips had to do it by feel tho but its do-able lol other than the clips the only thing holding my gauges un are 2 star screws along the top of the outter cluster unit. then just unscrew the cluster unit and take it apart then get some cotton wall balls or cotton buds which ever you prefer using and some nail varnish remover and rub the back of the dials until all the glue has gone just be careful not to get any of the nail varnish remover on the dial face or it will start to bubble (like mine did lol) and fade abit but cant notice it unless you know its there then put the cluster unit back together pop the blue bulbs in and jobs a goodun lol

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    In total i took about 45 mins doing mine then the same doing my mates from start to finish so dont take that long either

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    For those of you that are interested in this sort of thing heres the update so far..... Hopefully more mods to be done soon so far iv put 2 strips of flexi neons in the boot looks the tits at night blue led window switches one close up and the other with both of the switches in and the footwell neons only got a pic of my side footwell cuz once you seen a footwell you seen one really lol but both mine and the passenger side footwells have got neons in um. Just also to say my trousers in the pic of my footwell my trousers in that pic are really white adidas trackie bottoms they just showing blue the other blue bulbs iv got in my car. I will see if i can get a pic of my car when the inside is all lite up. Just gotta find out whats wrong with the rear interior lights as they keep flickering on and off think theres a loose connection somewhere
    Attached Images

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by newbbie View Post
    Also before taking the dials off the clear plastic if you got pins like i have in my car to stop the needles going below 0 then get some long nose pliars and gently ease them pins out and take a pic of the needles so you know where they go when puttin um back together and to get the needles off i just got a fork under the needles and gently prised them off, Thought that bit of info was relevant lol let us know if you need a hand with anything else

9. 1999 E36 318is coupe interior mods and mess ups 
    BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    newbbie's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316i se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Cheers I was thinking of going with one of these instead of wrapping it in carbon

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-E36-Cluster-Gauge-CARBON-Bezel-SILVER-Dash-Rings-/280617402170?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM& hash=item415619bf3a

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-E36-Carbon-Gauge-Cluster-Bezel-Trim-318i-323i-M3-b5-/280518350946?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM& hash=item4150325862#ht_2529wt_922

I hink it would look good and save me making a mess of things wrapping it

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Yeah thats all i used on my dials mate

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Oh just a hint as i had this problem if you get the chrome rings for the dials you will need to glue them in because once the carbon fibre sticker is on there the ring aint deep enough to go through the sticker and the plastic to the dials my rings look tacky on the back of um where the glue was but the front looks fine no ones gonna see the back anyway are they lol

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast