Model of Car:
    318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    sorry just looked back i did sent you the link to the wrong ones whats your paypal email address and i will send you the money for the wrong ones sorry the link i just sent you are the right ones i promise well there the ones i used in mine and they work perfectly

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    jay_mz89's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323i Coupe
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Horny Devil 8 View Post
    sorry just looked back i did sent you the link to the wrong ones whats your paypal email address and i will send you the money for the wrong ones sorry the link i just sent you are the right ones i promise well there the ones i used in mine and they work perfectly
    don't be daft, I'll keep hold of them, i;m sure they'll come in useful somewhere yeah I figured it was the 5 bulb ones cos they won't be too long.

How do you separate the glass and stuff to remove the amber tint on the clocks though?
    Cheers, Jay

Siamoto copy air filter + cold air feed, 328 exhaust, 12" steering wheel,
    17" BBS Alloys, strut brace, lowered on Raceland coilovers
    Olypus HU CD Radio USB AUX SD card, Alpine rear 6x9's, Sony front 5.25's, Phoenix Gold 10" sub + SPLX Amp,
    Projector indicators, 6k angel eyes, 4300k dipped beam, SMD 3rd brake light, smoked repeaters and tail lights, SMD number plate bulbs, SMD courtesy lights

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Horny Devil 8's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    once you got just the dials in your hand you want some kitchen roll or tissue get a fork pop the fork under the needles then pop the tissue under the fork so you dont scratch or damage the dial face, then gently lever the needles up. oh before you touch the needles take a picture of them so you know where they go back. then all i got was a veg knife and at one corner start to get the knife between the dials and the clear plastic once you got a gap started take the knife out turn it round so your using the blut side and gently slide the knife under it. i used the blunt side of the knife incase i slipped and cut through the dials but thats upto you lol. once the dials are off just rub away at the back of the dials with either a cotton bud or cotton woolballs and some nail varnish remover to get rid of the glue. its upto you but i tried to take a short cut and take all the glue off from the back but now when its night time the blue shines through all of the dials tbh i think it will look better if you take your time and use a cotton bud and only take off the glue behind the numbers and lines again the chose is yours. also be careful not to get the nail varnish remover on the front of the dials because the nail varnish remover will start to make the dial face bubble and looks shite i made that mistake got some on my finger then touched the front of the face thankgod the bit i touched was cover but the plastic where iv got the chrome rings so cant see it but i know its there lol.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    I hope you aint done this already sorry forgot to add before you take the needles out get some long nose pliers and remove the stopper pins that the needles sit on then take a picture to see where the needles go back in when you go to put it all back together.

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    jay_mz89's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323i Coupe
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    cool but how do you split the plastic lens off the front of the complete unit?
    Cheers, Jay

Olypus HU CD Radio USB AUX SD card, Alpine rear 6x9's, Sony front 5.25's, Phoenix Gold 10" sub + SPLX Amp,
    Projector indicators, 6k angel eyes, 4300k dipped beam, SMD 3rd brake light, smoked repeaters and tail lights, SMD number plate bulbs, SMD courtesy lights

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    right once you got the cluster unit out of your car you have got 6 i think screws in the back of the cluster unit unscrew them take the back off then you want some long nose pliers and you will see 3 1 on each end and 1 in the middle like umm clear or white plastic stumps that are grooved turn them so the little leaver on the bottom of the stumps are clear of the dials then just pull the clear plastic thats on the back of the dials out then do as above but once you taken the little stoppers out taken the pic of where the needles go then removed the needles you wanna take the screws out thats holding the mechiansim on the back of the dials on the back. once there off take the dial face off then get to the fun part of taking the glue off the back then putting it all back together

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Is that what you wanted? or was it something else mate?

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jay_mz89 View Post
    cool but how do you split the plastic lens off the front of the complete unit?
    did you sort it out mate?

Iv just put put ccfls in my headlights and also put some eyebrows on my headlights aswell there will be picks going up once i go back to mums to pick my camera up because i cant get a good enough photo on my phone its that old haha.

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    jay_mz89's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323i Coupe
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    no i only bought the new smaller bulbs yesterday, I'm gonna get some more of the SMD type ones to change the milometer to blue lit also and I'm gonne be getting an M3 steering wheel so I'll probs sort it all out at once, saves hassle. I'm trying to get an 18button OBC also as I quite fancy having the extra gadgets but pennies are tight at the moment so may have to wait, I'm still only doing small cheap mods!
    Cheers, Jay

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    drewlad160387's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    Thanks
    while you have the clocks out why not install the wires ready for the 18 button obc and just tape the ends up and stuff them behind the anologe clock. saves you taking the clocks back out again mate

would be a good idea to get some lables on the end then when time comes just plug into correct wires from obc

just to mention i do have a wiring diagram for the obc wiring too as i did it in mine