Model of Car:
    323i Sport Touring
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    Was thinking about touching in a couple of rust spots on my 98 323i Touring that's in Avus blue. Looked under the bonnet for the sticker with all the VIN, engine code and paint name and code, but it only lists the name as ' Avus blau metallic' and without the paint code.
    A quick Google says this is code number 276 but the local paint place says there is a couple of differant shades so without knowing exactly, I can't order online ( working away at the mo ) and would have to take the car into them to be sure.
    The paint place did suggest clalling BMW customer services to get an answer, but I see that any info regarding things like this and past servicing is done via a £1 per hour premium rate phone line. I think I'd feel a bit used if after 10 mins he comes back and says ' 276 mate'.
    Can anyone tell me if they will be able to give the exact shade or can anyone check for the last part of the VIN ?
    Many thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    xXxStKxXx's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    man
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Thanked 6,073 Times in 4,855 Posts
    it should be 3 numbers on that sticker that has avus blue on it which will be the paint code.

You may be able to get a spec sheet from your local dealer too Or you could lift the rear seat bench and there may be a spec sheet stapled to it