BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1998 E36 318is - E36 M3 front splitter corner extensions..What Dimensions?

5K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Nimr0d 
#1 ·
Firstly, Sorry Mods if the tittle is wrong, or its in the wrong area, as i havn't a clue what to post this as, or where:thumbsup

Does anyone know the dimensions of the little corner extension pieces you can get for the M3 front splitter? Or, more importantly, the height of them (top - bottom)

I only ask, as im looking at getting some:thumbsup but if they are too big, i wont be able to get up/down the slope on our drive..and it will be a waste of money as they will be in little bits within 5 mins:frown
I currently have 120mm clearance, but obviously, when you go up/down a slope, its less..havn't measured it though.

Any help appretiated:)

#7 ·
Cheers fella, didn't want to fall foul of 'The Mods' :hihi

Im not 100% certain what they are:confused i know my mate has them on his M3, and they look:cool imho :thumbsup
I know they fix to the bottom of the M3 splitter, on the corners.

ShamM3..i think that is them, yes:thumbsup

#9 ·
Yeah, thats them :thumbsup

Yes, the car is lowered..but i have no idea by how much :hihi..i just kept goin till it looked nice :D
It just sits on the arches...nice and subtle :cool
Heres a piccy:

As you can see, quite abit of clearance....I dont have to contend with any speedbumps localy, or any other sort of obstruction...just getting on/off the drive:thumbsup

#11 ·
I would...if i could get hold of him :frown...now he has 'The car' (seriously..its all he has talked about since the guy said he was going to sell...6 months ago) he's never about..he just drives it to make him happy :rofl

He may have one spare...its just finding 1 that i can buy..could maybe put a 'wanted' post up..when i find out which side it is that i need :thumbsup

#15 ·
Never did get round to getting them :frown...Instead i just went lower with the car :hihi at the moment, i have 80mm clearance, so sticking a 45mm lump on would only give me 35mm...Thats not such a clever move :rofl, so i'll stick with it as-is :thumbsup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.