BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1997 E36 Saloon Hamann sideskirts fitted

4K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  CharleyNokia 
#1 ·
Ok guys, I picked up my Hamann sideskirts yesterday from the paintshop, and had the garage I use fit them today. Took ages for the sticky stuff to go off, but when it did, they weren't going anywhere. Here are some pix. Skirts were 19 quid from ebay, new items, 7 quid postage.

See less See more
#3 ·
Reactions: chasman
#4 ·
I have been looking at a Bonnet Bra myself

Its got them two little lumps too which i like

Jamie
:jaw-dropping What are we talking about again?

Charley the skirts are lookin good :thumbsup Did you say they stuck them on? I guess you will have to invest in a light trolley jack for your boot or buy some tyre weld as I notice there is no jack holes.

Class--

#5 ·
Fanx guys, these are the wheels I got for 55 quid. haha. A bit of a steal if I may say. The bra I have isn't one of the nasty leather ones, it's magnetic rubber.

Doesn't have those sticking up things which cause drag and doesn't let any water or dirt get under it. I got it from this place;

http://www.magnetbra.com/models.html

I got mine for $58 USD I think, posted to the UK price, something like that. It'll come rolled up, so unroll, use a hairdryer to soften it up and mould to the bonnet's countours. It took 5 days to get here.

Yeah, they were bonded on. I havn't even had a chance to look underneath yet to see if those big round rubber trolley jack grommets are usable.

#10 ·

Yeah, they were bonded on. I havn't even had a chance to look underneath yet to see if those big round rubber trolley jack grommets are usable.
I'm liking the splinter Charley it's the first of me seeing it on the car since you bought it :)
I would check your jacking points as the last thing you want is to be stuck in the middle of no where with a puncture. Especially when you know there is a perfect spare in the boot :) As I say tyre weld would be a good precaution.

Class--

#13 ·
Yeah, I'll have to buy at least 1 tin of tyre weld, but I do have RAC anyway. Has anyone actually used the Tyreweld before? How good is it? Is the tyre still usable after the puncture is repaired or will the tyreweld inside do something to the tyre over time?

#21 ·
Very nice.. Not seen these before!

Not usually a fan of bonnet bras but it suits your car with the Alpina bumper :thumbsup

Good work.

#24 ·
Fanx meerkat, I bought an X5 rear diffuser last week from Ebay for 14.50. Hopefully have it fitted today if the guy still has his fingers left. <<Had some an accident crushing his fingers under my car last time he did the RTAB.

Am looking into an idea for the sides of the rear bumper. Some spats or something, just to finish off the low skirt line at the rear.

Here is something I'd like from Ebay, it's for an E39, unavailable anywhere now tho for the E36/E46. Look at the bottom of the bumper.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-5-E39-HAM...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3a54dbe48e

#26 ·
I e:mailed the seller of the roof spoiler, but he hasn't got back to me yet. I went to the garage to get my Alpina exhaust trim put on and my X5 rear bumper diffuser, and whilst there, we search around for a company that did that under bumper spoiler for both E36 and E39, but we couldn't find it anywhere. We reckon someone may have just got handy with some fibreglass and custom made it.

I have 2 E36 M3 boot spoilers here I could chop up or maybe even the original side skirts. Still looking tho for the spoiler, if all else fails, am gna have to get one made. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.