323i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Images
    Thanks
    Ok guys, theres only the E46 skirt removal that I've been able to find, so how does one go about taking off the skirts from an E36? I've seen screws at the bottom of the front and rear arches holding the ends on, and a black line along the top which I assume is silicone stickiness right? Do I just get a Stanley knife and cut along the line? And I think there are screws underneath the car too right?

Also, the jacking hole covers on my car are smooth, they don't have the flat screwdriver slots in them. How do I get these out?

In the realoem pages, do I need to get replacement number 3's? <<What are these? And number 4, is that the black line at the top of the skirt? Is it just a long rubber seal or is it sticky? I can re-use number 5 right? Is 6 the same as 8? Cos 6 doesn't have a number required.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...96&hg=51&fg=20

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Class--'s Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Individual e36 323i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    Hi Charley,
    From memory you have 3 screws, one each end in the wheel arches. Then you have a couple of plastic studs. I dont know what you call these but it's the ones where you just push the centre in and this releases the catch so you can pull the stud out. The black strip is rubber and not silicone. It isn't actually attached to your car so you don't need to worry about that as it's attached to the skirt. The main body of the skirt is held on by white rectangular clips. Pins on the skirt fit into these clips. Its a case of just pull and slide. You may want to get yourself some new clips as they do break easy but are cheap as chips from dealer.
    Hope that helps

Class--
    Please note the above post has been typed by a complete imbecile

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Class--'s Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Individual e36 323i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    Oh and as for the jacking points you dont need to take them off to remove the skirts. If however you do want to remove them, I normally push the bottom of the circle with finger then stick flat blade screwdriver in top and out it comes.

Class--

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Dr of BMW
    Car Details
    CharleyNokia's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Images
    Thanks
    Oooohhhh, ic, ok, fanx mate. Now just to get those skirts. Are those white clips the same as the ones that hold the sill covers inside the car too? the ones that never ever come out when you pull the black cover up?

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Class--'s Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Individual e36 323i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    Sorry Charley you'll have to wait on another user as I have never had to remove those parts so dont know if the clips are the same

Class--

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Class--'s Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Individual e36 323i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CharleyNokia View Post

In the realoem pages, do I need to get replacement number 3's? <<What are these? And number 4, is that the black line at the top of the skirt? Is it just a long rubber seal or is it sticky? I can re-use number 5 right? Is 6 the same as 8? Cos 6 doesn't have a number required.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...96&hg=51&fg=20
    Sorry Charley I never saw this the first time I read your post. 3 is the small plastic strip that connects your jacking hole cover (2) to the skirt (1) this is just so you dont lose the cover when you pop it off to jack your car. 4 is the rubber strip and I can't remember how it attaches to the skirt I think it just sits in a groove. 5 is the rectangle clips that I spoke of. They are reusable but you will probably break a couple. 6 and 8 are just black studs. I believe (again from memory) 8 is thinner than 6.

Class--

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    disco!!!!'s Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318iS 2.8
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    sports coupe
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Class-- View Post
    Sorry Charley I never saw this the first time I read your post. 3 is the small plastic strip that connects your jacking hole cover (2) to the skirt (1) this is just so you dont lose the cover when you pop it off to jack your car. 4 is the rubber strip and I can't remember how it attaches to the skirt I think it just sits in a groove. 5 is the rectangle clips that I spoke of. They are reusable but you will probably break a couple. 6 and 8 are just black studs. I believe (again from memory) 8 is thinner than 6.

Class--
    the covers for the jacking points have a small strip of plastic which holds it so you dont lose it as said just push the bottom in and you can slide a screw driver in to pop them off

the rubber strip is just a seal and it is attached to the skirt you dont need to worry about it, it will come off with the skirt
    the expanding rivets (no 6 and 8 in real oem) are a bit of a pain in the arse to remove you may have to just cut the heads off them

the plastic clips holding the sides on will just pop off some will probably break but you can get them from the stealer for pennies

Dr of BMW
    Car Details
    CharleyNokia's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Images
    Thanks
    Okey dokey. I won the bid on a pair of hamann style skirts for an E36 this afternoon, so just wait for them to get here and prep them up to spray. The bodyshop I used to spray my front bumper wants 200 quid to spray the skirts up!!!! A tad expensive me thinks, so have to ask about when they get here.

fanx again guys.