BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1996 E36 318is- Wide body kit

22K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  drewlad160387 
#1 ·
hey guys,

Has any one got a wide body kit on your BMW????? would like to see one! Post pics here.

#2 ·
Most people don't bother, other than bumper and skirt kits (RYM's 318 / M3 looked awesome).

How 'wild' a bodykit were you thinking of?

Personally, I'd just go for the staggered wheels look. Buy the right offset, maybe roll your arches and have 225's front and 265 rear! Reasonably subtle, but very cool.

There's nothing worse than when your body kit dwarfs your wheels. ;)

#3 ·
I just want a wider rear as i like the wide look. I am sitting on 225's all round want to get at least 245 with the current set of alloys I got on now.

Just a nice wider body would look nice.

#4 ·
I'm also looking for a similar look kit - my arches need doing soon too, so it makes sense to cut them off and upgrade.

Though you should be able to fit 245-265's on the back already (265's are prob best on 8" plus wheels) even if you need a small wheel spacer to correct the offset.

#5 ·
oh yeah. I know the off-set what is needed for the non M3 E36 is 35-45 anything in them is fine. but i bought this car with alloys on which i cant tell the offset on all i know is they are 8JJx18.

Thinking about taking it to a local body shop and get it done. but this ant gonna be done for a while as it could cost up to 1000 so not in no rush lol. would like to see some wider E36-non M3's.

#11 ·
cheers!

I like the first and last ones the most.

#17 ·
Thanks for sharing mate, I might actually get one. minus the horrible bumpers, that is. I was looking for a wide body kit but prices are usually waaaaaay too expensive. This one is quite affordable, though. maybe too affordable?

#23 ·
For my arches, the minimum you need is the skirts.
They are designed to go over one another so they won't work with any skirts.

Front bumper - you can get away with anything, the rear could do with a bit of spacing out.
I just made some little adaptor plates to push each corner about half an inch and it'll flex to that easily

#24 ·
im also toying with the idea of thw wide kits. bit of a head puzzler as im considering going down the 'vert' route next year but im tempted to spend the extra on the current car and have the bodywork done. since very young ive always wanted a wide arched bm so im probly swaying towards this. its my only car so next year is the only time i can when the other half passes her test so she can do the running around. this is the kind of look i want. well as near as dam as i can find

#25 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.