BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1996 E36 318is eyebrows

3K views 31 replies 5 participants last post by  shamM3 
#1 ·
ok i just gave my eyebrow 5 coats of primer, and there dry, but how long shall i wait to wet n dry them for the top coat?? and then when top coat is dry can i just get on with the lacquer??

#2 ·
Hiya m8, why do you need to wet and dry them ? are they not smooth already ? when I got mine they was really smooth and even once I had primered them they was still smooth. I waited 5 hours and then sprayed the top coat (car colour) and I didn't bother with any laquer and they look mint! Shiny as hell and really smooth :thumbsup

Did you get cheap fibre glass ones ? I got abs plastic ones :)

#4 ·
na abs plastic,but to get a good finish i thought ya wet and dry, then i was gonna panel wipe, then top coat.

read what it say on the cans-if you don't spray it in a certain time then you need to wait till they are completely dry before spraying them again or else the paint will bubble up and you'll have to start all over again
it says 24 hours on the can,just wondered if i could sooner,well as w4vy's done. think i might do 2moro.think i will give a wipe over with wet n dry, just so no excuses if it turns out crap!lol

#11 ·
oh ok, i got my car colour match of ebay,looks good ,but will soon see when put it up to the car.i will give 5 coats of lacquer on today, those two strips of double sided tape aren't gonna do it, what else and where ya get?

#15 ·
If I was you I'd stop and leave it for an hour before you get angry with it and make it even more of a mess. You should of really waited longer than 15 minutes as well to be honest m8. You will be able to rescue them so don't worry about that but take an hour out at least and then go back to them :thumbsup

btw where did you get them from, was it ebay ? if so did they come in a big white bubble wrapped envelope and come from Poland ?

#16 ·
yea was gonna report them to ebay, well i got an email back from ebay,and they said its against the rules to add for the uk and them being sent from abroad.tut

#17 ·
Well when mine came I noticed on the envelope it said signiture required but the postman never asked for one :hihi and thats when I noticed the polish stamp and polish writing. The ebay ad said from the UK as well! Tut! Tut! indeed!

Anyway because the postman didn't ask for a signiture I was able to erm *cough* say they hadn't arrived! lol and so they sent me another set and again the postman didn't ask me for a signiture even though it was required! lol This time though I said something to the postman and got him to take my signiture and then I told the ebay seller they had arrived. Two for price of one can't be bad though can it :thumbsup :hihi

#19 ·
how many thin coats of lacquer?? waiting to see that real smooth top finish, am i not putting enough on at a time? had 5 coats now,just scared about getting any runs. any thoughts??

#21 ·
hahaha, just done the last one,i was doing to little at a time, and on the last one looks like ive got a run..god dam it.there a way to deal with that without starting again????

#24 ·
well i put them on today,they seem darker,but i meen the paint on my car is 14 years old, and will have lightened some,if i got it pro done it still would have come out the same shade, really should have washed the car before i put them on, give it a few days. what ya think?

#28 ·
As long as you like em thats all that matters. Personally I wouldn't put eyebrows in my vert as I think it'll spoil the lines, but i've had them on some of my previous cars in my younger days :hihi

Thought of getting number plate surrounds? Really sets the car off, I copied Steve and Jon's example. I'll get a pic up if you want?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.