BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1996 E36 318i - Anyone Used Poorboys SSR1?

Tags
poorboys
4K views 15 replies 3 participants last post by  sam1832 
#1 ·
As title , has anyone used Poorboys SSR1 to remove light swirls?

I've got two black cars but the bm is more in need of a good detailing session as most of the mechanical works done. So any first hand reviews for swirl removers welcome :thumbsup

Previous products i've used are 3m finesse-it, g3, g10, and the normal range of polishes ie SRP, UDS. Finish comes up nice with these but using "old" style compounds is pretty hard work where you have to keep going over the area with three different products to remove swirls and haze.

#13 ·
Well the Meguiars tyre gel came and i've used some on the tyres, looks pretty good (better than an aerosol anyway!) but the weathers not good enough to put my newly refurbed 19's back on :frown

Ben i've done some research on the menzerna products. Sam1832 recommended them they seem pretty cheap too.

This is the one i'm looking to get http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Menzerna-Fina...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43a1b5ebb1 and then maybe use some ssr1 over it..

And this to remove some of the heavier marks http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Menzerna-Inte...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43a054d2bd I think its similar to g3 or g6 (which i've already got) so if anyones used this product can they tell me if it leaves the paintwork slightly dull until you've gone over it with a polish?

And finally what pad combo is good? I've got loads of normal pads and can get hold of 3m pads for free but i'd rather have some pointers to save me a bit of time :hihi:thumbsup

I swear this is the last time I get a black car :rofl

#14 ·
Sham that will eave the paint a little dull,

if you are doing the whole car you wont notice it to much, but if you are doing just a section to remove a mark, when you pull the masking tape away you will notice the diffrence

But once you go over it with the final finish it is spot on mate

As i said beofre ive been expirmenting with the chemical guys hex-logic pads
i have got yellow, green and black

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.