Model of Car:
    316i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact

Thanks
    Ive got an E36 in hellrot red and it had to have some welding done on the sills for its MOT. This was right on the edge of the sill and there are some scorch marks and bubbled paint on the side.

Now these arent too bad would obviously look a lot better if I could get rid of them! Im just wondering how would be best to go about doing them? If I was painting an entire panel I'd be fine, but with trying to blend it in I dont really know how to go about it.

Would it be best to sand it down, primer, paint and then laquer over the top like I would a normal panel, and then just use something like G3 to try and blend it as best I can? Or would it be ok just sanding it back lightly and then red straight on the top and then G3?

Or am I way off and something completely different would be better?

Also, where can I get some alright paint from thats not too expensive? I know Halfords do a BMW bright red but just wondering if anywhere does a specific hellrot colour match?

Im not wanting a perfect show room finish, the car was only £500 when I got it and its a cheap run around, just after tidying it up a bit. The area Im wanting to do is right at the bottom of the car as well so isnt the first thing you notice.

Any help with this would be great! Cheers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    jewls's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3 evo compact
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    compact
    Images
    Thanks
    the easiest and cheapest way is to use stone chip, but your sills will be black.. if you want the the same colour, the only way will be to rub them down and do a proper job and respray them..

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Ducky's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact

Thanks
    Yea, Im wanting them red still rather than black. I was mainly asking for the best method of respraying them as only the rear half of the sill will need painting.

So things like do I need to use primer if im spraying the same colour, or will just sanding it back a bit and then painting straight on top work? And would I use G3 to blend before or after applying clear coat etc.

Cheers