BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1995 E36 328i coupe-rear spoiler or no rear spoiler

Tags
couperear
4K views 47 replies 17 participants last post by  KEVFRST 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thinking of losing the rear spoiler on my coupe due to looking different to others but other mates of mine think its part of what makes the car and will lose a certain sense of style that comes with the coupe.

Do i keep the spoiler but by a slightly different style to mine?

just have a lip spoiler which i quite like?

none at all?
car as it stands

hoping to lower it loads more at some point soon and fell in love with this look

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zebbz/4103354978/in/set-72157622801393988/

Any views either way as i want to be different to others out there and incorporate my own ideas too as i have loads of other thoughts in mind for it at the moment

See less See more
#7 ·
with spoiler on a coupe, ive got a saloon with a coupe spoiler on so wen i can find the cash for a new boot then spray it im not gunna have the soiler as saloons look better without them.

Reactions: Spirit
#12 · (Edited)
Right took the plunge today and did a swop with fellow forum member ferret for a non spoilered boot and i am very pleased and will upload some pics soon after i fit my m3 door strips sat and polish the car again but here is an idea of the look i am aiming for

http://www.modifiedcars.com/pix/cars_large/21368_28196.jpg

Huge thanks to ferret and his mate for swopping them over for me,cheers guys

#19 ·
i was so lucky in that a fellow forum member wanted a bootspoiler and i wanted to lose mine,same paint code and both good condition bootlids so just a case of swopping them over and we both got what we wanted without all the hassle of filling holes etc plus saved me pounds for other stuff.

got a problem with my m3 door trim though-all new grommets fitted apart from the front drivers wing arch end clip which is broke and no clip will now fit it so now only 2 clips hold it was just wondering if anyone has used a heavy duty double sided tape or glue to full secure there m3 trim as in parts some of the others look like they could be a little tighter?

#21 ·
Keep it, always looks right somehow. Saw one at work recently without and it looked kind of bare. Certainly didn't improve on the look, and wasn't a 'thats different' in a good way thought. Then again, maybe colour of the car has some affect as well. might work on some and not others.

#23 ·
A decent bodyshop should be able to sort you out with some double sided......I don't want to call it tape, its more like a thin rubber strip where you pull off the tape on each side to reveal the adhesive. Good stuff, make sure you get it right first time.

#25 ·
Right here is the finished look for now till my bank balance recovers ready for new rims,coilovers,bodywork repair/touchups and as promised i waited to fit the new m3 door strips and lose the rear spoiler to show you.i know people go either way with the spoiler view but its my car and with the colour it really suits it.

also while i was at it i did the golf tee mod and tidied some more wiring and renewed some old bolts around the car

How it all began

After fitting m3 rear lights and clear fronts

With boot spoiler

And now removed

Here is a few more pics around so people can make there own mind up

Cant begin to tell you in 3 months how much work i have put in the car as i rescued it from destruction and nothing worked really,seats weren't bolted down even and just neglected but i see potential in it.i know it will never win any shows or be the most original car out there but its my little toy to tidy up a bit and just enjoy it really as at the end of the day its just a car and cars are meant to be driven and gutted i lost most of my pics on my camera so i cant really show you much more

enjoy
andy c

plenty of pics i managed to save on my project page

#28 ·
It does look sweet but imo with them rimz and no spoiler it does need to be slammed and then it will look how its suppose to look without the spoiler, i no your gunna drop it bet ya cant wait.

Reactions: Spirit
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.