1995 E36 316i - Rust Spots - Respray Costs? - Page 4

Notices
 

Thread: 1995 E36 316i - Rust Spots - Respray Costs?

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 35 of 35
  1.  
    #31
    Dr of BMW
    Car Details
    Lamper's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    .
    Year of Manufacture:
    .
    Transmission Type:
    .
    Car Body Type:
    .
    Lamper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,112
    Thanks
    455
    Thanked 511 Times in 436 Posts
    Nooo! I won't do it!!!

    Well, truth be told, if I get enough cash together and a decent one comes up I would. Love my e36 Saloons, but would also want to move up to a 318 at least.

    At least if I got another saloon, I could keep all the parts!
     
     

  2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  3.  
    #32
    BFuk Resident Design Guru
    Car Details
    Bigbenstrikes's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    1991
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Bigbenstrikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Inverness
    Posts
    2,835
    Thanks
    1,344
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 1,038 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLamper View Post
    Nooo! I won't do it!!!

    Well, truth be told, if I get enough cash together and a decent one comes up I would. Love my e36 Saloons, but would also want to move up to a 318 at least.

    At least if I got another saloon, I could keep all the parts!
    Just not the bodywork...
     
     

  4.  
    #33
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Sir-Cato's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    1995
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    51
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 20 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve23002 View Post
    That rust is coming from the inside out. You will spend a fortune getting the car to look good, then a year later it will start bubbling back....
    Do a good job in the first place and properly clean the arch lip gap weekly and the rust should not come back for a while.

    MrLamper: have a bash at it yourself, will only cost you around £30 in materials so not a huge outlay if things go a bit wrong. Hellrot red can be a git to match sometimes, just be glad you dont have boston green
     
     

  5.  
    #34
    Dr of BMW
    Car Details
    Lamper's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    .
    Year of Manufacture:
    .
    Transmission Type:
    .
    Car Body Type:
    .
    Lamper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,112
    Thanks
    455
    Thanked 511 Times in 436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir-Cato View Post
    Do a good job in the first place and properly clean the arch lip gap weekly and the rust should not come back for a while.

    MrLamper: have a bash at it yourself, will only cost you around £30 in materials so not a huge outlay if things go a bit wrong. Hellrot red can be a git to match sometimes, just be glad you dont have boston green
    Really not confident enough for that, if I'm honest. I'll maybe have a quiet word with my bodyshop friend, see what he can do for me.
     
     

  6.  
    #35
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Sir-Cato's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    1995
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    51
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 20 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLamper View Post
    Really not confident enough for that, if I'm honest. I'll maybe have a quiet word with my bodyshop friend, see what he can do for me.
    If you dont give it a go how are you going to get the confidence?

    If it goes wrong all you need to do is sand it down. It may seem scary at first but its relativly easy, be proud in something you fixed
     
     

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions
  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts