BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

[B][/B]Resprays......= im s***ing myself

Tags
resprays sing
1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  gap141070 
#1 ·
Hey

I have a 330ci in silver/grey and have picked up the usall stonechips on the front bumber,bonnet blah blah,also have a scuff on the back bumber that draws my eye to it all the time as much as megan fox does in them shorts!!!!

Anyway decided im gonna get them bits resprayed. Now my mate has told me about a guy that done his car and said he was v.good,so ive been to see him and his told me £600 quid to do both bumbers,his gonna take em off car too and do the bonnet and fron wings.

Now i know my mate has recommended him but im still really nervous about it. Has anyone here had work like this done? if so was you happy with the colour match?? i mean even if the guy is a really good sprayer what is the likely hood of being able to notice for example that the wings look a different shade to the doors next to them??

All answers greatly welcomed....come on scare me a little huh :D

#4 ·
The cars not silver,its silver/grey...bmw code A08. Im worried about the colour match as i got some some touch up paint from the main dealer for some small stonechips and when i put it on its lighter than the rest of the car. Now i know the cars paint is weatherd so thats why it looks different. Will the spayer ajust the mixture of the paint so that it matches??? if he is any good that is

#5 ·
I had a sideskirt repainted not too long ago as some t**t scuffed the whole side of it.Went to a place my girlfriend's boss uses for all his wedding Rollers and he did a top job. Paid £150 for the respray and had the whole car mopped and polished. Oh and it was Titan silver. I'm sure your friend wouldnt send you to a dodgy place i presume he has used him before?

#7 ·
all good bodyshops will try and match it up....and blend in with the laq.

just keep n eye on it and if your not happy with the work done and can clearly see differences ...point them out because if you can see them so will the bodyshop! make sure the buff up is good with no buffer trails as i had them all over my bonnet!!!

Good luck

#8 ·
hey bishop..i sympathise with you..ive got the same problem..ive been quoted 1300 from bmw and 500 from chips away...im worrying about noticing the shading in the light(tho with my colour ..depending how you look at it..it looks like panels are shading anyway...e36nick will verify this:rofl.).my sons pals big bro is a panel beater and sed he would do me a full respray for 700...thinkn off doin that so it all matches at least!!!keep us posted:thumbsup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.