How to Change your rear brake lines, on most coupe models. - Page 2

Notices

Thread: How to Change your rear brake lines, on most coupe models.

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Paratroop's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 328 ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    god i wish i had seen this a week ago i have just had to pay £350 to have my rear brake lines done eeeekekekekeke
    newbe

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    davenicoll's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    328i sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Here ya go this should help most people also............
    Hi, it isnt as hard as what most people think to do the rear pipes, i did mine not long ago. To start...drop the exhaust at the centre section...you dont need to drop the rear end of the exhaust though, remove your under body cover so you can see around the propshaft area, Ideally you need to have the cars back end in the air with both wheels off and and on axle stands as high as you can get it..this is so you can remove the brake pipes easier from the side at the connection point rather than struggling for hours and most likely rounding off your 11mm pipe nut. Look at the pipe you want to remove first and release it from the connector by undoing it then do the same the other side...this is undoing the side connections which are easier to get first by the way, undo your tank straps and let it drop very slowly...making sure it is as empty as possible due to weight issues when it is dangling (i dont use a support method to hold it up as it gets in the way when wiggling around under the car) so run the car as low as you can fuel wise before attempting this procedure, Look for the under body connections for the brake pipes which are located near some fuel line connections undo your brake pipe connections then proceed to unclip your pipes and remove if you can...if not...chop as much of it away as you possibly can and then fit your new pipe as close as possible to your old one it doesnt have to follow the exact same route! it has to be above the tank and above the prop and going in the same kind of direction and have no kinks or possible issues where it may rub on something...tighten everything back up and replace everything you took off then bleed your brand new pipes through! sorted! sorry its just a quick idea of what to do as its late and im knacked! oh you need to undo the lid on your brake filler pot and sit it in its hole but not screw it down

I will not be held liable for prosectution or imprisonment for any damge to yourself or your car be it via death or injury through the words I have popped upon your screen!
    Last edited by davenicoll; 09-03-2009 at 22:27.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to davenicoll For This Useful Post:

NikGrey (01-04-2009),pete.jones (03-07-2011),pl1982 (28-04-2013)

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    pimmsoclock87's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Do you need to fully remove the fuel tank or is there enough play taking the tank straps of and letting it hang?!

Need to replace mine and just worried about damaging the fuel tank or any connections on it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12