328i sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Images
    Thanks
    I cant get a simple strait answer on this one, so maybe you lot can help.

My neighbour (knob head) has taken out both driver side doors and rear wing of my pride and joy (see denziltape for pics of my wagon).
    He has excepted full responsabilty and his insurance is covering his accident.
    I have a mint p reg 328i sport, full service history and only just done the 100000 mark.
    I have been told that because of its age the insurance company will right it off.
    I am fuming at the prospect of this happening just because some book says its not worth repairing.
    There is no way im going to find another one in such good condition for what the book price says its worth.
    If they want to right it of then fine, But I want enough out of them to be able to get one The same spec and condition.
    Where do I stand on this and what are my rights?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Car Details
    dailydoggy's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,278 Times in 4,106 Posts
    buy it back off his insurance for buttons?...yal get the price they say im afraid and there is not a lot ya can do about it you may argue the toss here and there on the figure but it will be down to the accessor or loss adjustors report as to its worth not you,..
    330i sport a big chunk of berlin...

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    denziltape's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    328i sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Images
    Thanks
    I know that my ins comp can do this but how can his ins have the right to say its a right off.
    If this is the case can I dig my heals in until i'm happy.
    One thing I may have on my side, his ins comp hired me a 400 quid a week c class brand spanking new merc.
    They agreed with the hire comp to pay for it while this is being sorted.
    Sry forgot to say Hello,

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Master
    Car Details
    hawk61's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i and 520i
    Year of Manufacture:
    1997 and 2002
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Images
    Thanks
    its always the same unless you had a agreed value like classic cars have then they will always give the market price nomatter what you spent on it your best way is talk with them agree a buy back but do it before you agree to there turms on amount they want to pay as afterwards you lose that option then the money you get repair it and still have money over but you may need to have vosa recheck it afterwards

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    brmoore's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316Ti ES
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dailydoggy View Post
    buy it back off his insurance for buttons?...yal get the price they say im afraid and there is not a lot ya can do about it you may argue the toss here and there on the figure but it will be down to the accessor or loss adjustors report as to its worth not you,..
    No you can argue value, especially if you're non fault just explain to them you can't replace it for their price and they need to up the offer, see what they say.

Unfortunately this always happens when you take care of your car you only win if you paid less than book value when you bought it, the assesor will no doubt not be a BMW enthusiast in any way this crap happens with my bikes, had 2 claims, I just flat out refused all along the way, think they're still argu'ing on my current claim, I aint backing down.

I showed them 20 bikes all avergaging £200 over what I was asking as proof they go for more(all same year make and model), but they had nothing to say to that...you just have to keep fighting!

Buying insurance is a dodgy business, claiming as non fault is a dodgy business too! Claiming AT fault, now there's just no hope for you on that one! haha

The people I hate are the ones who take blame when they're not at fault(happens, easier than fighting your rights) and just do as insurance company say, more people that do that change the stats on claims against those who fight.

I was told to take full blame, said no, 1week later other side went to 50/50...next stage is to get them 100% with me 0%....imagine i took blame at the start, i wasn't even at fault, twats telling me to take blame!! I'm still trying to raise a complaint agains the woman who sent me that letter to take blame, want her fired before my claims over, ar5eh0le