Sky Insurance - Page 4

Notices
 

Thread: Sky Insurance

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 65
  1.  
    #31
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    brmoore's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316Ti ES
    Year of Manufacture:
    2003
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hello

    Do you have all sorts of age requirements etc? I'm paying £2100 fully comp on a little 1.8 E46 3 series petrol, good postage etc, did a quote yesterday using my same exact details, same insurer but GARAGED where it wasn't now, and BETTER postcode....and it's gone up!!! whaaaaaaaaaaat

    Basically insurance means being able to move with my partner...or not as the case currently is I wanted a different BM and now I can't even move with the same car nevermind get a different BMW as my costs are going up for doing nothing :(

    My problems are new licence, because I stuck with motorcycles for the last 5years but across 2 countries so no massive NCB here(only 1yr nearly 2), and being young and jumping straight onto BM's haha...why not.

    Thankfully putting police officer doesn't raise it, doesn't lower it either, but that should come into effect by the time I age another year, it's a second job, you'd think that would mean lower premium as I'll be working so often and not driving my car or riding my bike but obviously not, stays level.

    I give up working this insurance game out, just when you think you start to know how its calculated you do a quote and its wildely different again despite the same details.

    Anyway PM me if you think you can help I've only got a mobile so I try avoid calling people to waste my time and tell me they want me to pay £10million a year for insurance, i'd rather know in advance if they can help, saves a massive phone bill for nothing
     
     

  2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  3.  
    #32
    BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Bellis1986's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d m sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    2004
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Bellis1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Altrincham, manchester
    Posts
    183
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Ive just had a quote off sky. I asked the lad on the phone, who also changed his name from the start of the phone call to end, if swirl flap removal was classed as a mod he didn't have a clue what i was on about.
    They managed to quote a whole £5 cheaper than compare the markets best, which is funny when i told them compare the markets best price.
    So it would seem all insurance firms are the same


    Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
     
     

  4.  
    #33
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    brmoore's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316Ti ES
    Year of Manufacture:
    2003
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellis1986 View Post
    Ive just had a quote off sky. I asked the lad on the phone, who also changed his name from the start of the phone call to end, if swirl flap removal was classed as a mod he didn't have a clue what i was on about.
    They managed to quote a whole £5 cheaper than compare the markets best, which is funny when i told them compare the markets best price.
    So it would seem all insurance firms are the same


    Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    come on though, swirl flaps...who would know that bit harsh to throw that at him, I wouldn't class that as a mod, it's....preventative maintenance (meaning I wouldnt even tell somebody that) like runflats, I'd consider that safety to get you home, winter tyres, again safety on snow/ice

    going from 16inch rims to 17....that's a mod yea fo sho!

    it is a bit shite yea, it is a lets rip them off for as much as possible game, the only thing that breaks the chain is when another company goes cheaper, and they will lose you if they dont come down

    this happens the world over when you make something compulsory by law, i'd love to help regulate it somehow...think somebody needs to be doing so and reveal the profit margins of these companies, are the prices actually rising due to increase risk or just increase for profit, you can help fight it by shopping around, eventually the cheaper company with good cover still will win

    on the comparison websites they push themselves to the top of the lists by automatically adding on high excesses to lower the premiums...thats not a fair comparison then is it!!
     
     

  5.  
    #34
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    skyinsurance's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    MR2
    Year of Manufacture:
    1988
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Wedge of cheese shaped

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Herts
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellis1986 View Post
    Ive just had a quote off sky. I asked the lad on the phone, who also changed his name from the start of the phone call to end, if swirl flap removal was classed as a mod he didn't have a clue what i was on about.
    They managed to quote a whole £5 cheaper than compare the markets best, which is funny when i told them compare the markets best price.
    So it would seem all insurance firms are the same


    Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    I do not have an issue with one of my staff not recognising every modification/change for every car. I am bemused and confused by how a member of staff's name can change though, I'll PM you.

    How did the price comparison cope with the swirl flap removal out of interest?

    Thanks

    Ollie
    Sky Insurance
    Last edited by skyinsurance; 18-09-2013 at 17:07.
     
     

  6.  
    #35
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    skyinsurance's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    MR2
    Year of Manufacture:
    1988
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Wedge of cheese shaped

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Herts
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brmoore View Post
    Anyway PM me if you think you can help I've only got a mobile so I try avoid calling people to waste my time and tell me they want me to pay £10million a year for insurance, i'd rather know in advance if they can help, saves a massive phone bill for nothing
    Hi,

    sorry, there isn't enough information for me to say whether or not we can help.

    Please let me know your age, postcode and NCB Level

    Thanks
     
     

  7.  
    #36
    BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Bellis1986's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d m sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    2004
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Bellis1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Altrincham, manchester
    Posts
    183
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    The swirl flap was just a question to clarify, as i didn't want it cropping up in the future. Me being an ex mechanic i presumed an insurance company specialising in car clubs would at least know what swirl flaps were - my bad.

    On a second note is it really just a mere
    coincidence that they were £5 cheaper than the best price i told him i had recieved?

    Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
     
     

  8.  
    #37
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    skyinsurance's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    MR2
    Year of Manufacture:
    1988
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Wedge of cheese shaped

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Herts
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellis1986 View Post
    The swirl flap was just a question to clarify, as i didn't want it cropping up in the future. Me being an ex mechanic i presumed an insurance company specialising in car clubs would at least know what swirl flaps were - my bad.

    On a second note is it really just a mere
    coincidence that they were £5 cheaper than the best price i told him i had recieved?

    Yes, we are an insurance broker and do not dictate rates. It might be an idea to compare level of cover against the price comparison site, I'm confident you'll find ours to be a better policy. Also, does the quotation from the comparison site include the modifications (if applicable) ?

    I'm comfortable with the fuel flap question issue.

    I'll have a listen to the call and will address any training issue I find.

    Thanks for your enquiry and feedback

    Ollie
    Sky Insurance
     
     

  9.  
    #38
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    skyinsurance's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    MR2
    Year of Manufacture:
    1988
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Wedge of cheese shaped

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Herts
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skyinsurance View Post
    I'll have a listen to the call and will address any training issue I find.
    No training issue here, you spoke to one of our most experienced sales team members.

    The feedback posted above is a little bizarre.

    There is no conversation about the swirl flaps, it was simply noted as a modification. My colleague asked you to repeat it as your voice was a little muffled, that was all.

    My colleague answered the phone 'hello Alex speaking' , at the end of the call, you said, "so your name is Danny?" , to which my colleague said, "no, my name is Alex".

    Thanks

    Ollie
     
     

  10.  
    #39
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    brmoore's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316Ti ES
    Year of Manufacture:
    2003
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skyinsurance View Post
    No training issue here, you spoke to one of our most experienced sales team members.

    The feedback posted above is a little bizarre.

    There is no conversation about the swirl flaps, it was simply noted as a modification. My colleague asked you to repeat it as your voice was a little muffled, that was all.

    My colleague answered the phone 'hello Alex speaking' , at the end of the call, you said, "so your name is Danny?" , to which my colleague said, "no, my name is Alex".

    Thanks

    Ollie
    Awesome, I asked Ebike to listen to a call once it went nowhere(they had lied to me to get a sale which affected my insurance), nice to see somebody caring.

    I'll PM you then with my details, but you didnt answer about age requirements etc so I assume you don't have any? Anyway my PM will have my answers to those questions.
     
     

  11.  
    #40
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    ivthedive's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3 E46
    Year of Manufacture:
    2004
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    convertable

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi Ollie
    Im desperate for a good quote on my first M3
    Ivthedive
     
     

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions
  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts