mikeaj's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    This is a bit late, but, we had a roof tile fall of our rented house and smash the double-glazed back window on our 750. BMW reckoned about £5,500 to put right, including over £1,000 for the glass. Insurer told us that it was no problem, landlord was clearly responsible as it was poor maintenance. They haven't been able to serve Court papers on him as he gives false addresses. Our loss!
    The landlord took out building insurance after the event, and tried to claim! Yes, he is Asian, and I am NOT racist.
    He insures his 4x4 in Rugby, but lives in London. two offences, and uninsured. Rugby Police don't give a damn. Firstly fob me off with "not interested, it's a civil offence" I quoted the act, so they recorded the complaint and ignored it. Same with the attempted insurance fraud!
    They are too busy drinking tea and eating doughnuts, and "trapping" dangerous drivers in "accident blackspots"!
    Last known he was driving a Range Rover reg AV10. Of course the Police cant find him, they might have to ten. If anyone sees him the Insurance would probably pay a decent reward, and we would.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Car Details
    dailydoggy's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,238 Times in 4,076 Posts
    dont ever hit a kid or child as its the same, my mate hit a kid on a scooter who shot onto a zebra crossing while it was on green kid was not badly (even tho went over the bonnet) hurt but the scooter badly damaged the car,police said he was blameless and he got a letter to that effect, but the insurance still made him at fault he was furious insurance company said that they have no realistic chance of recovering the costs from the kid or the parents so he has to be made at fault for it end of...
    330i sport a big chunk of berlin...

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    brmoore's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316Ti ES
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dailydoggy View Post
    dont ever hit a kid or child as its the same, my mate hit a kid on a scooter who shot onto a zebra crossing while it was on green kid was not badly (even tho went over the bonnet) hurt but the scooter badly damaged the car,police said he was blameless and he got a letter to that effect, but the insurance still made him at fault he was furious insurance company said that they have no realistic chance of recovering the costs from the kid or the parents so he has to be made at fault for it end of...
    That's bullshit...if you're not at fault you fight it, insurance companies will say whatever they like depending on their time of the month!!

What annoys me more than people who drive around like idiots is the idiots who let people get away with it, stop accepting fault for things you didn't do people!! you make it harder for the rest of us, I'm in a claim now, I was told by my insurance to take 100% blame, just by not doing so it's already down to 50% from the other side as they realise they got fack all evidence of my doing anything wrong, and i will NOT be accepting it until it's 0% as it isn't my blooming fault!!!

Yes I am inconvenienced, yes I had to take trains, yes I had to walk miles, but I am NOT taking blame for something I didn't do because I'm a hard working decent human being and the other person is a lying biatch who can't drive!!

Just standing my ground I've taken my insurance company from putting blame on me to them being willing to represent me in court! Hows that for a massive turnaround! 4months later still not much further but the light is still on at the end of the tunnell at least now!

If I witness an accident I will also bother to be a witness no matter how long their case goes on for, what goes around comes around!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123