323 Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    1999 - 86000 miles
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    I was driving down my road and two kids on stolen mopeds came flying out of an alley and smashed into the side of my car. They jumped up and ran off leaving me with £2800 worth of damage. The insurance company wrote it off and paid me out but when it came to renew my premium went from £30 a month to £47!!! Now i was not at fault but because the police didnt charge anyone for the damage my insurance company have taken my NCB. So i have been ripped off and am paying for something that is not my fault at all and to make matter worse still I KNOW who the moped drivers are and one of them live 50 yards away from me. The police say there is no DNA evidence so they cant even approach the moped riders. The old bill a bunch of idiots.

So remember people if someone hits you with a stolen moped of car your screwed and will pay a heavy price.
    Im the king of Typos, I cant spell that well and write things in an un-understandable way... But im sure your get what I mean!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Kevin Whittaker's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E30 325iSE, E36 M3 convertible and E91 330i Msport
    Year of Manufacture:
    1988, 1997 & 2008
    Transmission Type:
    Manual, Manual & Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe, Convertible & Touring
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,020 Times in 3,812 Posts
    Unfortunately we, as law abiding citizens are paying the price for low life scum who don't pay for anything - cars, bikes, insurance etc...

The insurance companies believe that statistically you are more likely to have another accident and claim in the future now that you have had an accident (whether it's your fault or not) - we all pay more to protect the idiots that just don't bother....

I too have been caught in this bitter "triangle" and it sucks....

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kevin Whittaker For This Useful Post:

DavidMP (19-09-2013),terry54661 (28-12-2012)

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    lee_h's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318 ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    Images
    Thanks
    Mmmm, you know who they are, I would be dealing out some justice lol

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lee_h For This Useful Post:

brmoore (23-07-2013),ButtyBoy (22-01-2013),Dez-Derek (24-01-2013),terry54661 (28-12-2012)

7. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    lee_h's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318 ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    Images
    Thanks
    They should be able to do summit anyway as you are a witness and can identify them

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lee_h For This Useful Post:

ButtyBoy (22-01-2013),terry54661 (28-12-2012)

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    terry54661's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323 Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    1999 - 86000 miles
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    The thing that gets up my nose more is the fact that the twats that crashed into me live a few yards away. Insurance companies shouldnt think im more likely to have another accident because i couldnt have avoided it. but still, we all know we are being ripped off with our premiums the insurance companies are and legal way off conning money from us. Anyway, im off to the shops in the morning to buy a catapult so that i can fire rocks into the moped riders patio windows as the live just behind me i wouldnt have to do it if the police did there job.
    Im the king of Typos, I cant spell that well and write things in an un-understandable way... But im sure your get what I mean!

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    terry54661's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323 Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    1999 - 86000 miles
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_h View Post
    They should be able to do summit anyway as you are a witness and can identify them
    It would be my word against there word in the eyes of the law. The police have not got DNA so they can do nothing. The police are useless and cant be bother and say the insurance companies will cover any loss.

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    terry54661's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323 Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    1999 - 86000 miles
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_h View Post
    Mmmm, you know who they are, I would be dealing out some justice lol

The problem with that is it creates a war. I will wait and get my revenge later rather than sooner

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    mjojom's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e61
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    A
    Car Body Type:
    T

Thanks
    mate, i was paying for 5 years premium on my insurance. i was stationary on roundabout and guy smashed into me. he admitted full responsibility for accident and i did not make claim against my insurance as it was all to do with his one. so i did not even need to contact mine. however, renewal time comes and on the question WTF i was told I was now high risk driver cos I had accident. I did not fuck**g had an accident, they did and I could not do anything about it as I was stationary. so there you are... it boils my piss things like that

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mjojom For This Useful Post:

terry54661 (28-12-2012)

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    terry54661's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323 Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    1999 - 86000 miles
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mjojom View Post
    mate, i was paying for 5 years premium on my insurance. i was stationary on roundabout and guy smashed into me. he admitted full responsibility for accident and i did not make claim against my insurance as it was all to do with his one. so i did not even need to contact mine. however, renewal time comes and on the question WTF i was told I was now high risk driver cos I had accident. I did not fuck**g had an accident, they did and I could not do anything about it as I was stationary. so there you are... it boils my piss things like that
    Well im pleased you understand cos im totally pissed off with it all plus it was the only year if didnt buy protected NCD. I went to swift cover with 8 years NCD they then said that They only take a maxium of 5, once i had this claim they then gave me proof of only 3 years because i have to take parital blame because i was hit by someone they cant trace. And you know what, there if F##k all i can do about it. i have never claimed a penny in the 11 years that i have been driving.

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    ryan330c's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Dont worry, I was parked and someone went in to me.

Fortunately I worked for an insurance company and know how to play their games.

Have you claimed expenses on the accident yet? if not, its not totally settled. your looking at around a 50% increase in premium cost over the next 5 years as a result of the accident, it is a cost you would not of faced if you hadnt had the accident. The purpose of the insurance is to leave you in the same financial state as before the accident. So any costs incurred, be it courtessy cars, fuel to hospital visits, time of work for doctors and hospital appointments, repairs to your car, devaluation of your car due to having an insurance claim against it, as well as any future costs which will be incurred as a result.

you are entitled to claim it, and if they refuse advise them you will take it to the Financial Ombudsman Service and Insurance Obudsman Service to investigate the insurer as they have left you out of pocket following a claim, when their whole purpose is to ensure you are not out of pocket as a result of the claim.

If they are unwilling to pay out the extra cost of insurance, ask them to reinstate the no claims to compensate it. They will not want the Ombudsman services snooping around, no matter who they are or how big they are.

Hope to help. Let us know how it goes.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ryan330c For This Useful Post:

ButtyBoy (22-01-2013),dub320d (29-12-2012),mjojom (03-01-2013)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast