Who has a highly strung m57n? Remap info req.

Notices

Thread: Who has a highly strung m57n? Remap info req.

Reply to Thread
  1. Who has a highly strung m57n? Remap info req. 
    D3D
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    D3D's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330D
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Hi guys,

I'm interested in hearing your spec, what power levels you have achieved and who remapped your bmw?

I have a manual 330d with the 204bhp m57n engine which i wish to remap. I am currently in the process of getting refurbed injectors for it and can't decide whether to keep to the original spec nozzles or upgrade to 535d spec. Not going to cost me much more from the looks of it, but the two things i am trying to clarify are mpg issues with the 535d nozzles and whether or not i should actually bother / require the higher flow nozzles for the level of performance i am after..

So, what am i after? ... Well i understand torque is going to kill my clutch/dmf and drivetrain as well as destroy bushes/dougnut/rear subframe and so on. However, i don't care. I'll fix it if i have to So i would like a lot of torque, somewhere peaking above 550lbft and averaging 500lbft would do. Bhp wise, well i understand my current injectors would flow enough for around 290bhp before reaching the limit of a safe injection window/efficiency/egts. I would like to run my 2260v on edge, i think that would place it around 330bhp (will double check compressor map if i can find it, something around 1.7/1.9bar rings a bell)?

I could sacrifice the cats, remove a mid silencer and improve the intercooler but a tuner on a polish forum is of the opinion that the cats don't pose much of a restriction performance wise after measuring it.. I have read conflicting opinions here, i am of the opinion that it would be a restriction of some form - more so in the form of retaining heat near the turbine and egts. Not good for some prolonged WOT action! Although not necessary to remove to reach the figures req. So in theory, my spec would be standard clutch/dmf (till it dies.. then possibly new oem or sachs?), standard exhaust (to be replaced after maybe) and standard injectors reaching a theoretical 290bhp and 500lbft+ or 535d injectors added to reach 300/330bhp+ and 500lbft++ (possibly achieved at a much earlier rpm - sustained over a much greater spread of the rpm!).

Finally, to end my essay - the issue of mpg. In my mind, although the 535d injectors can inject a greater quantity of fuel per injection, it doesn't necessarily mean they will result in a poorer mpg than using original nozzles. If the standard nozzles are used, then when tuning close to the limit, the injection durations will increase in order to get the req fuel in, in time. Smoke levels will increase, mpg may actually drop as the efficiency of the burn is reduced - not being able to inject the fuel quick enough so not all fuel is efficiently burned. This is of course, if runing close to the limit. Assuming so, 535d nozzles will be able to inject earlier in the injection window (runing advanced injection timing) and have a shorter duration so efficiency is greater/ better burn; reduced smoke? This is also why i think 535d injectors would allow for greater power at lower rpms and over a wider range than with original nozzles.

This is just my theory. So in summary if you cba to read, could a 330d with 535d injectors, mapped accordingly and being driven like miss daisy... achieve similiar mpg to a standard 330d? And should i bother with 535d nozzles if aiming for 300bhp+ and 550lbft+ ... I have mechanical sympathy so if i could ride a new oem clutch setup for atleast 30k miles with that power, i'd be happy? 80% of my driving is motorway. Can you recommend someone to remap my car... ideally someone who could email me the maps and offer tweaks as i can upload myself / is cheaper that way/ is quicker!

A bit of background, i have a 306 dturbo with the old xud9 diesel in. After blowing up 4 standard turbos runing over 36psi... i finally built up a new engine, welded up a gt2259s turbo to it and a tricked out bosch ve pump to supply shed loads of diesel.. should be north of 200bhp. So yeah, i'm not afraid of blowing sh1t up and then fixing them! So please spare me the 'you'll blow it/ remap to a standard level' posts

Thanks in advance, and appologies for this massive post!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    TheEnd's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,990 Times in 2,440 Posts
    I think the regular injectors run out of steam at about 260-270bhp, which is why people go for the 272bhp 535d ones.

You shouldn't get mpg or too much smoke as the ECU should be able to be calibrated for the larger injectors. Both the current ECU and the 272 535d have an injector calibration table of rail pressure and desired injection quantity, and it outputs the duration in microseconds to hold open the injectors.

Swapping that table should mean it'll accept the new injectors without any problems, and it'll be able to inject whatever is needed as accurately as before.

Authorised Bimmerforums UK Vendor
    Car Details
    bwchiptune's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    x5
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    estate
    Thanks
    This is a 2004 330d 204bhp manual we remapped 1 year ago
    The customer booked in to have power run on our dyno dynamics rolling road today
    Will be getting back in 2 weeks so we can put it back to standard then re dyno to see what it made to start with
    This was the best run other runs where between 275-280
    Attached Images

PERFORMANCE ECU TUNING(ALL CARS)FOR Bimmerforums MEMBERS
    CHIPPING AND REMAPPING
    Dyno Dynamics Rolling Road
    WORKSHOP REPAIRS(BMW,AUDI,VW,VAG,MERCS)
    TURBO,SUPERCHARGER TUNING
    ENGINE TRANSPLANT ECU CONVERSIONS
    CODING & PROGRAMMING,
    ECU REPAIRS & DPF,CAT REMOVAL
    REMAPPING TOOLS AND TUNED FILES AVAILABLE
    M5 F10 M6 F12/13 REMAPS £699