BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

What fits??

Tags
fits
877 views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  SJR 
#1 ·
Does anyone actually know of any engine that would be able to be put on all the 318is running gear??

Is it a case if you change engine you have to change gearbox etc??

Whats the case with the ecu and ews?? Could i run my standard keys and ecu but modify the loom to run a bigger engine??

Thanks for any replys!

#2 ·
Ok well i have a 328i engine i could get for around 800 and that would come with

gearbox
wiring
ecu
some keys.. What else would i need?

I think then i may Put a m50 head on it due to some advice from a forum member.

Has anyone tried this?

#6 ·
Bigger engine needs stronger springs/shocks due to the weight.

Edit: Damn you payno :silly

It might be better to buy a donor car and strip off the parts you need. Have a look at this one...

£450 - Silver 328Ci 160k

Reactions: payno
#7 ·
So a set of mid range coilovers would sort that and im pretty happy with brakes as they are dont know if all 318 have discs all round do they?

Also its a very clean car i have, dont know if i would find one as clean for same money as swappin engine.

#8 ·
...and im pretty happy with brakes as they are dont know if all 318 have discs all round do they?
The 318 brakes are smaller than the 328's so you'll have to change them. Other wise your stopping distance would double, if it stops at all!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.