BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

upgrading injectors for a turbo?

Tags
upgrading
931 views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  blu 
#1 ·
hey im researching getting a turbo for the car but would really appreciate alil help with what injectors would relay fuel quick enough ? i seen something about upgrading them without a turbo with a ford rail from a pinto as the spray pattern would be good but not sure this would work for a turbo ?
:confused

#7 ·
yes it does mean that you have to fabricate your own manifold but don't expect it to be easy
remember that a turbo is extremely hot and will scorch the paint and burn things that its to close to
I know some one that turbo charged a RHD 328 and had a manifold made that allowed the turbo to be mounted at the top
it set fire to the cam cover and scorched the paint on the bonnet :hihi

#11 ·
Well I've had a read through that section....... doesn't really explain anything other than what we Talked about. I've Googled and Googled for some sort of guide orssomething similar to no avail. I'm guessing people either gave up on the idea and just cut there losses and went for the 330D instead with I don't want to do. I'm just going to draw up a rough design Of possible places to mount a turbo and take it from there but I still have the fuel rail issue :cool

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.