BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Rolling Road Results (figures and graphs)

Tags
graphs
78K views 121 replies 70 participants last post by  BigKev 
#1 ·
OK guys, here's where you can post up your results from rolling road sessions. Please state both BHP and WHP, dyno graphs (if you have the AFR graph, post that as well) and mods for the car. Obviously, car details (model, engine size, mileage) too.

It should helps us all find out what mods are worth. :thumbsup

#3 · (Edited)
here's mine: '93 E36 325i with CAI (RamAir filter and bill gunner's headshield), chipped by a bloke in Greece and custom exhaust (supersprint headers and decat stainless steel pipes with Borla muffler).

BHP: 223@6100
WHP: 180@6100
TQ (FW): 204ftlb@4600RPM
TQ (Wheels): 164ftlb@4600RPM

This post has been deleted
#4 ·
#9 ·
E46 320cd:

Run 1 - mod: Decat downpipe
Maximum Power Speed - 4080 RPM (114.5 Mph in gear used)
Power at flywheel (corrected) - 179.3 BHP
Power at flywheel (measured) - 177.0 BHP
Power at wheels - 127.8 BHP
Power loss - 49.2 BHP (38.5%)

Max Torque speed - 2761 RPM (77.5 Mph in gear used)
Maximum engine torque - 275.1 lb ft

Max road speed reached in test - 130.5 mph
Max engine speed reached in test - 4650 RPM

Ambient temp 16 deg c
Borometric air pressure 993 mb

Run 2 - mod: Decat downpipe, EndTuning remap
Maximum Power Speed - 4122 RPM (115.7 Mph in gear used)
Power at flywheel (corrected) - 212.1 BHP
Power at flywheel (measured) - 209.3 BHP
Power at wheels - 157.4 BHP
Power loss - 51.9 BHP (33.0 %)

Max Torque speed - 2744 RPM (77.0 Mph in gear used)
Maximum engine torque - 301.5 lb ft

Max road speed reached in test - 132.2 mph
Max engine speed reached in test - 4710 RPM

Ambient temp 16 deg c
Borometric air pressure 993 mb

Pictures to come when I scan the graphs at work.

#16 ·
Here are my results for the 325....:thumbsup
that's a very nice torque curve, steve! i wish mine would have that! and the vanos is supposed to be better at this.. :shifty:

Reactions: steve23002
#17 ·

BHP

WHP

Unknow engine spec.
1998 323i Sport Touring
M52B28 with M50 inlet manifold and correct breather set up
Remus cat back

G
#18 ·
:thumbsup

Before result is the pink line and after result is the blue line.

I originally had a lean AFR above 4000 rpm, I have graphs on the first page of this thread.

I initially thought it was solely something to do with the remap, I e-mailed Darren from APTuning and told him what was going on and he got onto it straight away. Talking to other tuners and comparing my old ecu file with the mapped one and my graphs. With no hesitation he got his tuner to adjust things for me slightly without altering things for the worst ( too much fuel ).

I was having a check of my engine and I found a small split in the intake boot which I believe was causing this? I changed the intake boot.

It came out trumps in the end and I would like to specially thank Darren for all his time and efforts :thumbsup :thumbsup

#24 ·
See attached dyno runs for my 335D. Shows max power 374bhp and max torque 464 lb/ft. they reckoned the torque figure should be 20lb/ft higher due to slippage on the rollers and problems laying power down through auto box. :)
Where in Herts are you mate? I've just moved there would love to see your car! :cool

#22 ·
That must be one fast machine. Fun to drive, too, with that torque. :thumbsup

#26 ·
Haven't posted hear for a while but recently bought a e60 530d MSport, i will do a project thread as well on that later,,,

This is the resaults of my e60 530d Msport after doing some work on the car and then having it remapped at Ray West Tunning Thruxton.

Well hear we go, there was a very "holy crap" moment when the car during one of the runs tried or did jump the rollers even though it was tied down at the rear.

I should have had the camara rolling as it would have made good viewing

Ray managed to stop it going to far so after that happened they put sraps from the front end to the rear to keep it in place

Standered BHP is 231,,,,

1st reading, as a standerd car with cat removed, dpf delite, pippercross air filter and custom exhaust.

251bhp & 428lb torque##

Last Run with remap and fine tune on the rolling road

289.8bhp & 556lb torque

A short video

#30 ·
Here is a graph from a E36 M3 GT I did, twin turbo , diesel torque, even better torque then a tuned 330D but racer power.
It slipped on the clutch when I gave it some more. It´ll do 500lbs torque all day if the clutch would hold.

Reactions: MONSTER
#31 ·

You have to be awake to drive that thing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.