BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Rolling Road Results (figures and graphs)

Tags
graphs
78K views 121 replies 70 participants last post by  BigKev 
#1 ·
OK guys, here's where you can post up your results from rolling road sessions. Please state both BHP and WHP, dyno graphs (if you have the AFR graph, post that as well) and mods for the car. Obviously, car details (model, engine size, mileage) too.

It should helps us all find out what mods are worth. :thumbsup

#99 ·
E92 335d 2006

Hi all,

A newbie here but hopefully I'll find the time to contribute more as I've gleaned so much from these forums. Here's the latest results from a long journey of modifications. First was a software upgrade from Simon at EMAPS. Then phase 2 was Stan and the boys at Ecotune Scotland. Phase 3 was by Neil Yates and the team at Rally Prep St Columb Major Cornwall. Phase 4 will be WMI. I just need to get all my 'ducks in a row' as there is a lot to take into consideration as it must remain a total sleeper. So far:-

EGR/DPF delete
Swirl flaps blanked
Sports Cat
Wagner Intercooler
R90 HPFP
Turbo Dynamics Hybrid Turbo's
Birds B3 Dynamics package including Quaife LSD
XHP Software

White Material property

#100 ·
Hi all,

A newbie here but hopefully I'll find the time to contribute more as I've gleaned so much from these forums. Here's the latest results from a long journey of modifications. First was a software upgrade from Simon at EMAPS. Then phase 2 was Stan and the boys at Ecotune Scotland. Phase 3 was by Neil Yates and the team at Rally Prep St Columb Major Cornwall. Phase 4 will be WMI. I just need to get all my 'ducks in a row' as there is a lot to take into consideration as it must remain a total sleeper. So far:-

EGR/DPF delete
Swirl flaps blanked
Sports Cat
Wagner Intercooler
R90 HPFP
Turbo Dynamics Hybrid Turbo's
Birds B3 Dynamics package including Quaife LSD
XHP Software

View attachment 251041
Your dyno graph doesn't look right
These 335d rev to 4700 rpm
The tuned file shows even less rpm as the setting speed for calibration has been changed which will cause the torque readings to raise a lot

Also this has been tested in 4th gear

I use 3rd on my dyno dynamics
As this makes the correct power and torque for a standard car

You are more that welcome to come down to me and I can dyno your car correctly

I would say that your dyno graph you have there is over reading as it not setup right and the road speed has been changed between standard and tune runs to show more torque

BW chiptune
Tuning BMWs since 1991
Dyno Dynamics rolling road.
BW autorepairs
Over 30 year repairing BMWs.
New and fully refurbished BMW/Alpina ,Ecus (DME,DDE)and Cas units.
BMW Ecu repairs.
BMW remote Keys made and cut same day with or without car even if all keys lost we can supply you a key like the dealers do.
Key data fixed for non starters or when theft attempted.
Correction of Engine ECUs Cas and key fitted to your car (when a key set from a different car has been used).
Digital Service Records rest and corrections in idrive screen on 2013 onwards cars.
DPF repairs fixed without the need of removal of its guts or replacement.
40% of my work is repairing the problems that are caused by other tuners remap

For more info look in our section under sponsors on this forum

0208 561 1818
07831 103030
Hayes
UB3 1BB

#108 ·
My 635D 472hp 920nm torque

Time to refresh this page :D

Now I moved to 635D E63 lci. All modifications done by me and manage to get 472hp 920nm, only on diesel, I believe this is the stongest 35d in UK.

Mods:
Custom GTD1752 and k26 BB 6464
Custom Twin 100mm 350hp filtes and 3.5" intake.
External 44mm Wastegate
18L 3" intercooler
Full 2.5" IC pipes and Intake
Full 4" exhaust
M6 brakes
Custom ECU tune
R90 modded
M50D Sensors
2400bar rail 3.3bar boost 130mg peak and 126mg stable @ 2150bar from 4k to 4.9k.
Currently 7.1s 100-200 tacho and 8.2s GPS dragy 10hz.

New upgrades coming:
2500bar Rail tune
2500BAR CP4 99 PUMP - DONE
2500BAR INJECTORS 8 HOLES - DONE
New tune for 500hp+
M6 DIFFERENTIAL UPGRADE, keep stock ration 3.15.

See Dyno sheet below.
Text Line Font Parallel Paper

#109 ·
Time to refresh this page :D

Now I moved to 635D E63 lci. All modifications done by me and manage to get 472hp 920nm, only on diesel, I believe this is the stongest 35d in UK.

Mods:
Custom GTD1752 and k26 BB 6464
Custom Twin 100mm 350hp filtes and 3.5" intake.
External 44mm Wastegate
18L 3" intercooler
Full 2.5" IC pipes and Intake
Full 4" exhaust
M6 brakes
Custom ECU tune
R90 modded
M50D Sensors
2400bar rail 3.3bar boost 130mg peak and 126mg stable @ 2150bar from 4k to 4.9k.
Currently 7.1s 100-200 tacho and 8.2s GPS dragy 10hz.

New upgrades coming:
2500bar Rail tune
2500BAR CP4 99 PUMP - DONE
2500BAR INJECTORS 8 HOLES - DONE
New tune for 500hp+
M6 DIFFERENTIAL UPGRADE, keep stock ration 3.15.

See Dyno sheet below.
View attachment 253037
There are a few things that I can see that is wrong on this dyno graph
Which year is your car ?
What rpm does your car rev to in gear ?

BW chiptune
Tuning BMWs since 1991
BW autorepairs
BMW Ecu repairs.
BMW remote Keys made and cut same day with or without car even if all keys lost we can supply you a key like the dealers do.
Correction of Engine ECUs Cas and key fitted to your car (when a key set from a different car has been used).
Digital Service Records rest and corrections in idrive screen on 2013 onwards cars.

UK
0208 561 1818
07831 103030
Hayes
UB3 1BB

or

Spain
Orihuela Costa
+447831103030

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#113 ·
Sorry for the delay in a response. There were multiple runs Plastic wrap Transparency

As I was not in the country during the setup of the car, I can only go on the trust of Neil Yates at Rally Prep, Bevotuning for the mapping and ARM's rolling road. In all honesty and as an engineer, I'm never a lover of rolling road figures as they're a guide but not real world. We were after maximum 'area under the graph' for drive ability. If you feel that this car has been setup wrong then I am more than happy to take the long journey to your place and expect some significantly better results. The car, I've been led to believe as requested, has been set up for longevity. As a daily runner and never tracked it was tuned well within parameters. I have great faith in Neil and Bevotuning are also well known. I like things done right so on checking the other image if you feel the same then maybe I need to book the car in with you.
Thanks for taking the time to analyse the graph.

#114 ·
You are always welcome to test your car on my dyno dynamics rolling with is a real ball buster and honest dyno to start with

BW chiptune
Tuning BMWs since 1991
BW autorepairs
BMW Ecu repairs.

UK
0208 561 1818
07831 103030
Hayes
UB3 1BB

or

Spain
Orihuela Costa
+447831103030

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#120 ·
#121 ·
be closer to 380 bhp,,and check he aint left anything off ya car like he did mine,,,could of gotten caught in my aux belts etc,of course they deny it,,was torque bar grommet,,,,how would that come lose by itself.''also need alot of other parts removed including torsion bars to even get to it,smashed my engine cover,put way to much torque when i asked to dial it down,,rubbish

#122 · (Edited)
Sorry too hear about your bad experience . Sounds quite bitter. If I had any service as bad as that I would have just simply refused to pay . Have too say had NO issues with mine what so ever . Driven the e90 335d stage 1 but this 335d x drive just takes it to the next level . Performance and acceleration and the gear change just smooth as silk . Power delivery Instant and fuel consumption. Around 56 mpg . Drove back from Yate in Bristol to Hartlepool 264 miles approx . Returned back on £30 diesel BP ultimate fuel £1.55p a litre got back no probs . But sorry too hear about your bad experience I hope everything is OK now and thanks for the advice al be even more vigilant than before . 👍.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.