BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Rolling Road Results (figures and graphs)

Tags
graphs
78K views 121 replies 70 participants last post by  BigKev 
#1 ·
OK guys, here's where you can post up your results from rolling road sessions. Please state both BHP and WHP, dyno graphs (if you have the AFR graph, post that as well) and mods for the car. Obviously, car details (model, engine size, mileage) too.

It should helps us all find out what mods are worth. :thumbsup

#36 ·
Today i put my bmw tds on the dyno, 160,000 miles

made 149.7 bhp at wheels / 177hp at flywheel
253.7 lb/ft at wheels / 293 lb/ft at the flywheel

this was running with the standard turbo, without water meth injection and on 1.1 bar peak boost and slighty leaner fuel setting as my clutch has suddenly started slipping on the day, im going to do the clutch asap (when ive got the monies) but all back up together again im hoping for around 170 180 ish whp, will upload pics tomorrow

#37 ·
My Standard S54 with Emerald ECU & Mapping, no cats or airbox.

This shows my cars chart against a very quick (apparently sprint champion?) M Coupe S50B32 EVO with Schrick Race cams, Vanos delete, ARP bolts, intake & exhaust etc.

RR within 2 days of mine. Shows how much torque you gain in the middle from keeping the Vanos :thumbsup

Duracel79

#39 ·
No problems with it, just takes time to wire it all up as a custom loom. I was running the this ECU on an M20 with TB's before fitting the S54.
Emerald have been very helpful and know they're stuff when it comes to mapping etc.
Even got my Dad interested so we fitted TB's and Emerald management to his Jaguar D-Type.

#44 ·
2002 e39 525d manual has been re-maped using the mobile service with Celtic Tuning and also has a de-cat pipe installed,Celtic people promised me 209bhp and 325 Torque (Lbft) from a single re-map so plus a de-cat pipe i was expecting about 215-220bhp at the flywheel,but today i got my car on the rolling road and i got really disappointed......
184.1 bhp at 3522 rpm (flywheel)
311.5 lbft at 2294 rpm
Text Document Paper Line Font

#46 ·
New here and this is my first post.....
I picked up a 2001 320d with 111k on the clock a couple of weeks ago.
After reading through a few threads on here i quickly decided to get it booked in with Jason from BWChiptune for a swirl flap removal and Remap.

Below is the Dyno Graph results from the remap, I couldn't recommend Jason enough as he has made the car a pleasure to drive, before it felt extremely sluggish as it is the 136bhp model as opposed to the 150bhp, pulling away and general driving has improved 1000% since the remap.

G
#47 ·
So after spending some time researching places to entrust with my 2002 320D with 55k on the clock I finally had it remapped today by John at Big Fish Tuning in Stokesley, Teesside. It turned out that there was already a map on there but John noticed a few missed maps and seeing as he thought he could improve on it and I had access to the rolling road I decided to have him just wipe it and remap it himself. Whilst it was in John also programmed the EGR to remain closed permanently, effectively bypassing that at the same time. Although the gains numerically aren't huge from the previous map the power delivery is noticeably smoother and it kicks in a lot sooner than it did previously so all in all I'm really pleased. He's also a top guy and really professional, taking me out for a spin afterwards to demonstrate and explain the changes. Graphs and numbers below:
Text Line Pattern Font Design
Text Font Paper Number Paper product
Text Line Font Design Pattern
Text Font Number Paper Paper product

#54 ·
1996 M52B28
K&N Gen II (with heatshield)
M50 manifold with eBay fitting kit
103k miles
BW Chiptune Map

Text Compact car Vehicle Car

#56 ·
E46 m3 2002 manual standard cams
Alpha n csl type air box made 364bhp on our dyno after tuning today

Text Screen Technology Electronic device Line

This was tuned on our dyno dynamics rolling road in 3rd gear
Shift lights and sports button memory added as well

Bwautorepairs
Bwchiptune
Unit 8-9 alpha ind est
Clayton Rd
Hayes
Middlesex
UB3 1BB

Jason Bw
BMW Servicing & Repairs
Programming & Coding
DPF Regen & Repairs
Alpha N Tuning on M Cars
Performance tuning Remaps & chips
Dyno Dynamics Rolling Road Tuning
Refurbished BMW ECU's & repairs
E90 Water Damaged Ecu replacements in stock
EWS removal abs dash signal deletes

#60 ·
35-45bhp 40-50ft extra but this all depends on the car some may give more some less
remap 275

Bwautorepairs
Bwchiptune
Unit 8-9 alpha ind est
Clayton Rd
Hayes
Middlesex
UB3 1BB

Jason Bw
BMW Servicing & Repairs
Programming & Coding
DPF Regen & Repairs
Alpha N Tuning on M Cars
Performance tuning Remaps & chips
Dyno Dynamics Rolling Road Tuning
Refurbished BMW ECU's & repairs
E90 Water Damaged Ecu replacements in stock
EWS removal abs dash signal deletes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.