BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

re mappers, do you have any graphs of a standard car vs re mapped?

Tags
mappers
3K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  ozzuk 
#1 ·
wanting to see a graph, pref of an e46 323 before and after map, just to see what is changed in the rev range, also any e46 will do! reports are of better low down response and torque and more torque and bhp!
Just wanted to see the 2 side by side.

#2 ·
Vaux not many people (Tuners Included) dyno test cars afterwards let alone before which is why I believe your threads seem to be falling on deaf ears:frown

Shame you don't have an 1992 E36 318is as I would be more than happy to post up a copy of the one I had done many years ago:hihi

Having said that, the graph is so old now you can barely see the graph on the paper:D

I hope someone will be along soon:thumbsup

#3 ·
I have seen rolling road graphs of Simon at Emaps work before, maybe send him a PM?

The other person to try would be http://www.evo-s.co.uk. They can even fit a dastek unichip and set your car up on the rolling road.

I've never really trusted rolling road results, the practice of trying to calculate flywheel power doesn't really sit well with me.

Ian

#5 ·
To be honest I think many of the figures thrown about are BS.

Only minimal BHP gains will be noticed. However, having said that you will notice a considerable driving difference due to the torque.

My advice would be to discuss it through with a tuner and ensure if you are not happy they will reverse their work and offer you a refund:thumbsup

mark@vorney may be a man to speak with as he had his car remapped by motechmike one of our forum vendors. I do believe that motechmike CAN arrange dyno testing too as I'm sure LiLo has mentioned it in one of his latest threads:thumbsup

#9 ·
Wow, thats a fantastic offer!, would be very intrested to see what it is makeing. look forward to the result! :thumbsup fantastic.

if he does, is that some thing we can put on the site for all to see?

#10 ·
Give Motechmike a PM. He has quite a few before and afters, he may well have one for a 323i. The other beauty is that you can try and he will refund if not happy IIRC.

I was very wary, as I had not had cars mapped before, plenty of bikes, but not cars so I can fully understand your trepidation. :thumbsup

#16 ·
i've no dought that the guys on here are all good and genuine, thats not in any question, i wanted the graph just to see how the range changed! as i know my car needs that little bit of pull lower down, and that the response needs a bit more!mike has been good enough the respond very quickly, and others on here have been happy with him too!

its not really about not believing these guys, more i am intreaged as to how the graph changes to more suit my car.:thumbsup

#18 · (Edited)
that graph looks really good, i like how the torque band is constant! and you can see where the 6cyl suffers lower down the rev range, thats where you can actually see the most improvment!:thumbsup you expect this on most 6cyls?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.