330d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Hi,

It's my first post on here as a 2006 330D owner and I was after some help. The engine has 75k miles on it and is at a point where I think it needs a good service before I go for a remap. I'm fairly hands on and have made a list of things I believe need done now the engine is at 75k. I was hoping someone could add anything I have missed. I'm leaving the DPF alone for now and I will keep the swirl flaps on until I can do the DPF/flaps/EGR bypass and remap all around the same time.

Service parts.

Oil castrol edge performance 0w-30
    Micro filter - Mann
    Air filter - Mann
    Fuel filter - Mann
    Oil filter - Mann
    Main thermostat - facet
    EGR thermostat - hella
    Water Pump - febi
    Glow plugs - febi
    2 belts - gates
    Intake manifold gaskets x 12 ( stealer for the egr 1)
    Brake fluid - castrol dot 4
    Power steering fluid - ( suggestions please)
    Vacuum hose replacement

I've tried to price it using average/good manufacturers but cheaper than the dealer parts, All in all this comes to £465, it contains a few things that are just a preventative measure. My temperatures in a 10 minute motorway drive are only getting to 60 so the thermostats are obviously shot and it won't be doing the DPF any use.

I don't have the money to take the car to a dealer or an Indy so will be DIYing it. If doing all this, would disconnecting the battery before hand elevate any fault codes?

If there is anything people can add that isn't outrageously hard to do or over priced I'd appreciate it. Also if anyone thinks the manufacturers chosen aren't any good please recommend another.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    goldbcfc's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Z4
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    roadster
    Thanks
    I always use these kits off ebay they have all the original bmw mahle parts included u will need to look for the right 330d kit some more expensive kits will include glow plugs but their easy enough to get seperate at gsf or ecp if your buying oil get down to adsa before their offer ends 5w30 and 0w30 castrol edge was only £30 last saturday normally £38 but more at other places every penny saved is more spare for service parts or labour

BMW 318D 2.0D E90 E91 Oil Air Fuel Pollen Filter Service Kit 2007-11 Mahle | eBay

Or
    http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/261374483315?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

E46 coupe 318ci
    E46 convertible 330ci
    E46 coupe 325ci
    E85 Z4R 3.0i
    E46 coupe 330ci
    E85 Z4R 2.2i
    E46 convertible 318ci
    E85 Z4R 2.5si

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    E92/330D's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Hi,

Thanks, I thought Mann was the filter OE parts supplier for the 2006 330D :-(. GSF done all the Mann filters including micro filter for £61 delivered. Damn I also thought I had to go for LL04 castrol edge performance for the oil and already forked out £80 for this. I thought normal edge was LL01 only?

I'm going to do a DIY with all this stuff together as I had to search everywhere for DIY's on the various parts and fitting.

Would like to know how to replace the power steering fluid if anyone knows please help?

Thanks

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    goldbcfc's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Z4
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    roadster
    Thanks
    I bought a cheap £10 pump last month of ebay sucked it out refilled it ,close cap ,start car,turn steering wheel from right to left loads of times to bleed the system to get the air out u need to keep sucking the fluid out and repeating the process untill u think enough new fluid has gone around system and fluid is now red not old and black

2 botles of comma should do it u can even use the nozzle that pulls up on bottle to dip in and suck the old fluid out just makesure you got a empty one to put the old stuff into i only bought one because i thought it may come in handy in the future

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/vie...d=161196009842

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/400572724290?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

E46 coupe 318ci
    E46 convertible 330ci
    E46 coupe 325ci
    E85 Z4R 3.0i
    E46 coupe 330ci
    E85 Z4R 2.2i
    E46 convertible 318ci
    E85 Z4R 2.5si

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    E92/330D's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Thanks for the instructions on renewing the fluid, I was unsure how to bleed it and get the air out. That's great I'll get that ordered and added to the list. Trying to prepare all the parts so I don't need to go the dealer half way through for parts. Is there any bolts I will require to replace during doing the jobs? Should I do any pulleys or tensioners when I'm doing the water pump and belts?

Thanks

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    goldbcfc's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Z4
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    roadster
    Thanks
    Not sure about e90 range but yepp i managed to strip the head abit on one of the torque screws on the iddler pulleys so i just ended up doing the oil sensor, thermostat and belts and leaving the pulley with the stripped torque untill i get a new one from sytner which is only down the road ive just been really lazy lately i might go and get one this weekend i too had a massive pile of parts to fit but didnt bother fitting the expansion tank,tensioners and waterpump in the end as theres nothing wrong with them at the moment and the new part could fail before the old unit anyway so pointless swapping them when some cars are still going strong on 180k miles with same original parts. Me being me i didnt think to buy antifreeze so had to buy some before driving the car after putting everything back together on the day of my daughters xmas nativity play with about 30 mins spare till it started luckily theres a autoparts shop over the road which saved me from being late was a dumbass thing to do knowing full well removing the thermo would loose coolant in the end happy though as the money i saved on labour cost paid for a nice proffesional socket set for 50% off at halfords should have been £125 was £60 i didnt see the point getting the one above it which was £250 now down to £125 as i probably wouldnt even use most the extra parts

I found those diy videos on youtube helpfull

E46 coupe 318ci
    E46 convertible 330ci
    E46 coupe 325ci
    E85 Z4R 3.0i
    E46 coupe 330ci
    E85 Z4R 2.2i
    E46 convertible 318ci
    E85 Z4R 2.5si

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Roundozo's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330D Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    oil breather?

my later 2003 330d originally had the loo roll filter but I changed it to the vortex type. I think the newer models came with the vortex type already installed but its worth a check and they're pretty cheap to replace anyhow.