BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

possible brake disc upgrade

802 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  jjbbuzz 
#1 ·
ok i have just got an idea from someone on here for a possible upgrade of brakes.. i have a pair of big brake discs for a 5 series,original bmw ones ,now been told they would bolt straight on no problem! but calipers would have to change. now is it just a case of getting bigger calipers?would it not affect the wheels? is this possible to do? these are in the for sale thread. anyone done this. i see that people have done others,i don't want to go any other route,the only reason I'm asking is because i already have these discs.. hope you all can shed some light on this for me..

See less See more
#2 ·
I had a quick look into this and the problem i found is that on the 5 seires the hub in built into the shock and not like the e36.I dont know if you can fit 5 series shocks to the e36 so that maybe a thing for you to look into but if they do then you should get some good braking out of them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.