Model of Car:
    335i M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    hi folks, i just been to UK and planning to go again in a couple of months to get a second hand BMW, i have a couple of general questions for now just sort of advice from more experienced people ... my plan is - get a second hand BMW (335i/335d/535d/730d 2006+), have its ECU remapped and maybe a few minor other things (like a spoiler or tinted windows.. yea, i know - lame, but anyhow) and drive it away

what sort of general advice would you give? Any specific things i should be aware of?
    any places where i can do all the above except purchase? Is it easy/affordable/makes sense to fit a Sport bodykit on a 335i/335d?

Thanks in advace and sorry if i posted into wrong section.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    drewlad160387's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    Thanks
    just the same as buying any car mate check it out and have a test drive or ride which ever the owner allows. as for the spoiler ect i would personaly look for one with them already fitted then you just have to pop to a tuning company for the remapp then your set to go

BMW Master
    Car Details
    btccfan's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    728 and 745
    Year of Manufacture:
    1996 and 2002
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    It would make sense to find a sport to start with if that's what you're looking for but if you're after a max power spoiler type thingy I would rather put it on myself. I'm not keen on buying a car that's already keved up coz the owners have usually thrashed them, which works both ways I guess that car enthusiasts usually take better care of their car but I would still rather get one with fbmwsh from someone who drives sensibly and do all the keving and thrashing myself! But if it's just the oem bodykit you're after it would be cheaper to buy a sport than buy and fit the sport bodykit after.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    NoFate's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    335i M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlad160387 View Post
    just the same as buying any car mate check it out and have a test drive or ride which ever the owner allows. as for the spoiler ect i would personaly look for one with them already fitted then you just have to pop to a tuning company for the remapp then your set to go
    yep my plan is to possibly ask a rep from a tunning company to come over to the same place where i would buy the car (will buy from a dealer cause i feel its a little more safe since i dont have enough time), but then again it depends on what car i get and its condition, not many have sport spoilers, a genuine sport 335 is a bit too costly for me.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    NoFate's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    335i M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by btccfan View Post
    It would make sense to find a sport to start with if that's what you're looking for but if you're after a max power spoiler type thingy I would rather put it on myself. I'm not keen on buying a car that's already keved up coz the owners have usually thrashed them, which works both ways I guess that car enthusiasts usually take better care of their car but I would still rather get one with fbmwsh from someone who drives sensibly and do all the keving and thrashing myself! But if it's just the oem bodykit you're after it would be cheaper to buy a sport than buy and fit the sport bodykit after.
    i totally agree, i avoid cars that show signs of heavy tuning for the reasons you mentioned (maybe i find one that had "1 lady owner?" ), if i go for 5 series it will be "sport" one for sure, the 335's are a bit costly in Sport version thats why i was thinking of fitting the body kit myself... but thanks for the advice! i have to calculate a lot )