Must beat ***hole in Mercedes! Need the advice of you fine folks if possible! M3 SMG - Page 2

Notices

Thread: Must beat ***hole in Mercedes! Need the advice of you fine folks if possible! M3 SMG

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BMW Guru
    Car Details
    vauxfan's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325 sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    loon
    Thanks
    I was going to say supercharger is your best option. Can I ask why if your dad has just bought it are you colour changing and adding after market body kits? Dimma in my day was for the 205 gti and honestly I thought they looked crap. As as said amg usually means big engine big torque. The only way to stand a chance is to charge it. Then when you are street racing you can kill yourself and any unlucky person who happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time at a greater speed. Unless you want these mods for a track day which I doubt.

All this money. Buy an m5 if this post is real.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Sam_M3's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Images
    Thanks
    Hi, I'll look into the supercharger, but can only imagine that it may be something that needs a lot of saving up for, as it must not just a case of quickly throwing in a supercharger and away you go. Surely with that much extra power you must have to change every little thing about the car.. Right? And it can't have been an AMG then, he definatley looked as though he was thrashing the throttle, but really wasn't as quick as u guys make out. If I see him again I'll have a better look when I can get close enough to!
    This dimma kit looks amazing, there's lots of different photos on the ad on eBay (check it out, type dimma bmw and it's the first listing for £2000) the reason for colour change and such a sudden unexpected buy was it came up very cheap with pretty low mileage, but it's bogey green...
    And I'm definately not made of money, plus the m5s have never really taken my fancy, I prefer the smaller more compact look, and would have chosen the 135i M sport if I had the money to spend.
    The post if definatley real! And I'm fully aware of how dangerous cars can be. I very rarely take any vehicle about 85mph unless on the track, but enjoy getting to that speed in as short ammount of time as possible!

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Sam_M3's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Images
    Thanks
    Insurance is £3200 with all mods declared, although I haven't done all I was hoping to yet, it would be a nightmare to get a quote on a standard M3 and be led into a full sense of security with a cheap policy, only to spend thousands on modifications and have the price of insurance sky rocket! Had to be sure i will be insurable on the final product, would have been gutted if I had to strip all the parts off and put it back to standard after all the work and expense, that's reason for declaring the mods before I actually add them plus I don't have to mess around in the near future swapping insurance companies and changing policies if that's the case. I went through Adrian Flux insurance brokers

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Sam_M3's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Images
    Thanks
    Unfortunate news about the 335d being so much torquier, I definately am not complaining in the slightest though, not many people get bought at M3 by daddykins so I'm bloody lucky.
    And I don't mind revving the engine to kingdome come, sounds wonderful and pins you to the seat like a dream! I've been put in contact with Jason at BW Chiptune, and am hoping to use his services beginning of April.
    As for the car rolling, well into double figures.. Ive driven cortinas, bluebirds, capris, jags, mondeos, granadas etc since my feet could reach the pedals. All of us have grown up this way, and I tell u, it kept us away from drugs and various mischief you get with cotton wool wrapped kids these days! Spend childhood messing around round the private lanes in Kent. (paddock wood/matfield/brenchley) and have been racing since the age of 12 in non contact and 17 in full contact bangers. So all these new motors with injection systems and ECU's are like rocket science to someone whos used to carburetors and inner tubes!

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    vauxfan's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325 sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    loon
    Thanks
    sorry mate although its not the most gearish kit out there its not for me. Superchargers can be had for about 4k. 2.5k second hand if your lucky enough to find one. usually bought from the states and i'm sure bwchiptune can sort you out a map for it. these are just bolt on kits as bmws forged engines lend themselves perfectly to supercharging. 400bhp is usually the standard of reliability with these things but massive power can also be got at your expense and with reliability being your issue thereafter. if it was me then I would sell the m3 before you alter it and make it worth next to nothing (no body will buy a modified m3 with body kits and colour changes.) I would put the money from the m3 and the money you were going to pay for a respray (with is cheap for a full body kit and respray) and buy one in the colour you would be happy with. sell the body kit and buy the supercharger. up rate the brakes (not as expensive as you may think, porcsh systems I believe fit. again second hand option) get a set of bilstein b6's and that's it. you would have a car capable of embarrassing most modern sports cars. On a race track though. I have seen a child run down by a tit in a car racing his mate and its not nice.

after that you can do what ever you like to it. a set of csl wheels and a race spec exhaust. then by the time all that is done and you are about 24/25 will will be glad you never messed with body kits and paint work.

just remember the more power you add the more likely it will be that you will need the sub frame strengthening kit before it tears its self apart.

but I understand personal preference so the choice is yours.

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Sam_M3's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Images
    Thanks
    A very good point about the bodykit when it comes to selling the car, I avoided all cars with even the slightest of mods when I thought I was buying a car myself. I am hoping to keep this car untill around that sort of time, 25ish, but I don't know if you've noticed that it seems dark green is the least sought after colour of most cars, especially BMWs, hence why the ads that appear at the top of most sites like autotrader usually advertise cars of this colour/write offs/high mileage.
    As for the supercharger, it's something I haven't yet enquired about with the insurance company. I've been told by various people that it's relatively easy to sneak past inspecting eyes, but I will not be one of those people! I think it would increase prices drastically, and half the novelty of the car to me is seeing it as somewhat if a project, if that makes any sense. Jason at BW is adement that with various minor and in-expensive tweaks including the re-map could bring the car up to around 380 break over a period of time, and in segments meaning smaller expenses, unlike the full wollop of a supercharger! Plus when I am finally 25, trying not to sound as if I'm wishing my life away, I'm hoping for the almighty M6. Now that will be supercharged!
    Ah that's horrible, sorry to hear you had to witness that, must have been awful. I can see why you are so weary about speed. I can assure you that I had I feel my actions are endangering myself or anybody else, I appropriatley adapt. Always!
    Thanks for your help, can I ask what line of work you are involved in? You seem more of a car fanatic than Jeremy Clarkson himself. Do you provide any services that I could make use of?

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    vauxfan's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325 sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    loon
    Thanks
    speed I have no issue with, in the right circumstances at the right time. I am not by any means a stick to the limit Sunday driver but not 1 of those irrespective of any 1 else about people. comes with age I think.
    I spent most off my life under cars as my hobby and luckily I was with older friends who were also older and car mad mechanics and welders. then there's the knowledgeable people on forums. when you come across people who have done all you ask on different forums you can get invaluable information especially when their story's all tell the same tale. I used to buy and sell auction/ salvage auction cars when I was younger and then worked in a factory as a department manager, all ways getting told off by the management above for getting my hands dirty fixing machines etc. spent more time in the engineers work shop than the offices. I still mess around with cars but now its for fun.

Authorised Bimmerforums UK Vendor
    Car Details
    bwchiptune's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    x5
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    estate
    Thanks
    ImageUploadedByAG Free1391713591.025888.jpg
    Here's one of the e46 m3 I tuned that had a active auto works super charger kit
    It was tuned by a tuner in the usa and was never right

We got it to 480bhp tested in 3rd and well over 510 tested in 4th

But 3rd is the right gear to test these cars in on a Dyno dynamics rolling road

ImageUploadedByAG Free1391713717.661530.jpgImageUploadedByAG Free1391713742.792437.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

PERFORMANCE ECU TUNING(ALL CARS)FOR Bimmerforums MEMBERS
    CHIPPING AND REMAPPING
    Dyno Dynamics Rolling Road
    WORKSHOP REPAIRS(BMW,AUDI,VW,VAG,MERCS)
    TURBO,SUPERCHARGER TUNING
    ENGINE TRANSPLANT ECU CONVERSIONS
    CODING & PROGRAMMING,
    ECU REPAIRS & DPF,CAT REMOVAL
    REMAPPING TOOLS AND TUNED FILES AVAILABLE
    M5 F10 M6 F12/13 REMAPS £699
    WE HAVE NOW MOVED TO HAYES UB3 1BB
    www.bwchiptune.co.uk
    www.bwautorepairs.co.uk
    www.tuningtools.co.uk
    +44(0)7831 10 30 30
    +44(0)208 561 18 18

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    goldbcfc's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Z4
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    roadster
    Thanks
    Would that be the same for mine aswell 3rd gear last week the guy doing my dyno was saying something about 4th gear in my e46 because its a 1:1 ratio if i heard him right #clueless

E46 coupe 318ci ,E46 convertible 330ci,E46 coupe 325ci ,E85 Z4R 3.0i,E46 coupe 330ci,E85 Z4R 2.2i,E46 convertible 318ci,E85 Z4R 2.5si

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Sam_M3's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Images
    Thanks
    On a 3.2?? That's a pretty insane BHP to be reached from nothing but tweaks of computerised technology, and I'm pretty certain I would have understood more of an overheard conversation between two clicking and spluttering Gazelle hunters from Zimbabwe than the conversation you guys just had. How much am I looking at for this - all in? One of the kind fellows that commented previously on this post informed me that supply is not usually your game, just instalment. As I mentioned before, modern day cars are something I've never had a lot of knowledge about, so if you could perhaps provide all required parts as well as your usual service I'd be happy to offer a price. Just to avoid the situation of taking your instruction of purchasing an M3 compatible supercharger, and arriving at your workshop on the day with a fire extinguisher and a half eaten bag of cashew nuts. (I'm hopefully not really that mentally impaired, ha, but you get my point). BEFORE REPLYING, PLEASE GIVE NET PRICE. I'd hate to be seen as a time waster! Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast