Model of Car:
    118D M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    5dr
    Thanks
    I haven't heard of one case of either the Juicebox or Procede causing the issues you mention and there are thousands of people running them compared to a handful running remaps. If a remap is what you want though then I'd recommend Evolve which is who I was planning to use until I did more research and found out about the JB4 which in my opinion is superior to a remap.
    118D M Sport

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    APtuning's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e46 330D sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by N54 View Post
    Don't get a piggy back unit, they basically just send false signals into the ECU and are known for causing issues in relation to limp modes/blown turbos etc. Have the OE ECU remapped professionally by a legit company. I'm currently looking for a compentant tuner as a lot of companies seem to just resell off the shelf tunes they by elsewhere. Let me know if you come across anything interesting mate.
    I take it Kernow is in Cornwall? Although I'm a good 4-5 hours drive away from you, I can offer you a remap for your car which is NOT just off the shelf (generic) but custom made from a copy of your own cars software.
    If I can help further then just give me a shout.

N54
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    N54's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    When the n54 motor first came out i heard a lot about the issues people were having running piggy back units, maybe they've ironed out any issues now. Anyway an ECU flash enables all sensors to properly communicate with the ECU. If the car is tuned properly the ECU receives a proper signal from the sensors so it can respond with the intended level of boost, knock correction, fueling, timing etc. Without an accurate boost input being read by an ECU, it can lead the ECU to make poor decisions on where to read these tables and many paramaters like air/fuel, timing, and timing correction will not be appropriate for the given power level. Engine and component longevity as well as the performance side of things is taken care of reflashing an ECU which is why I and most people prefer this method over the PB units, as well as no messing with wires. I know it's simple but some people are clueless when it comes to wiring.

AP can you direct me to a dyno chart link on the 335i of yours online or post one? What parameters do you change and if required can you programme for a cat delete exhaust system? Also what is the cost? Cheers bud.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    APtuning's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e46 330D sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    If you go to my forum section and look at the post I did today about being bwchiptune main supplier for Kent, you will find a dyno chart for a 135i we did.
    As for the parameters that are adjusted, you seem to know most of them already but there are some which I am not allowed to share as we need to keep a few things secret in the mapping.
    As for a price, you would be best to give me a call on 07738236577 please

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    135iMAN's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    135i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by S54 View Post
    1. A good ecu tune or interceptor, products like the procede have a very long way. Functionality and options are just endless.

2. downpipes are a must!

3. Intercooler uprated

4. Water meth, something that can be done relatively cheap, and adds good power, not necessarily by having the ability to add more boost. But by lowering air charge temperature and in return the vehicles DME will target more timing.
    I have found an intercooler and downpipes I like the look of, trying to get feedback on if they are any good.

http://wagner-tuning.co.uk/product/B...gine_200001022

http://wagner-tuning.co.uk/product/B...gine_500001002

I intend to fit the 135i but I think it's the same for the 335's???

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12