135i M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Hi,

I have found a supplier in the UK that stocks this replacement panel air filter. Has anyone tried this on a 135i and what difference did it make ?

I am planning to get the BMW performance exhaust soon and was hoping both mods together would show a mild improvement over standard being that the engine should "breathe" a little better.

Si
    135i MSport Coupe: BMW Perf: Upgrade, Exhaust & Quick Shift. C/F Mirrors, Boot Spoiler, Rear Diffuser, Front Lip - MS Scoops & Air Filter, BSH OCC - Forge FMIC & DDV’s - Modified Charge Pipe & Air Box - LED Angels - Race Mesh FMIC Grill & Kidney Grills - Advan RZ's - Quaife LSD - GIAC (400 BHP & 415 Ft lbs)

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmerforums Central
    Car Details
    Boostist's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,426 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Si-135i View Post
    Hi,

I have found a supplier in the UK that stocks this replacement panel air filter. Has anyone tried this on a 135i and what difference did it make ?

I am planning to get the BMW performance exhaust soon and was hoping both mods together would show a mild improvement over standard being that the engine should "breathe" a little better.

Si
    Si

The general rule of thumb with panel filters..is.....BMW have a far bigger budget than any aftermarket maker, and in tests their filters have been superior. Im not up to date with the ITG specifically but if its cheap enough you may as well test it
    The exhaust is a great plan though

Also, Get yourself a Vishnu Procede V3

and get flying

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Si-135i's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    135i M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by boostist View Post
    Si

The general rule of thumb with panel filters..is.....BMW have a far bigger budget than any aftermarket maker, and in tests their filters have been superior. Im not up to date with the ITG specifically but if its cheap enough you may as well test it
    The exhaust is a great plan though

Also, Get yourself a Vishnu Procede V3

and get flying

Cheers, What is a "Vishnu Procede V3" ?
    135i MSport Coupe: BMW Perf: Upgrade, Exhaust & Quick Shift. C/F Mirrors, Boot Spoiler, Rear Diffuser, Front Lip - MS Scoops & Air Filter, BSH OCC - Forge FMIC & DDV’s - Modified Charge Pipe & Air Box - LED Angels - Race Mesh FMIC Grill & Kidney Grills - Advan RZ's - Quaife LSD - GIAC (400 BHP & 415 Ft lbs)

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

DSK
    BMW Guru
    Car Details
    DSK's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E36 328i Coupe / E36 M3 Evo
    Year of Manufacture:
    1997/P - 1996/N
    Transmission Type:
    Manual / Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe / Coupe
    Thanks
    ITG filters tend to get more good reviews from owners from the performance Volvo forums and are liked at the only filter option over a standard filter.
    Let the fun times roll .....

BMW 328i Coupe - Boge M-Tech Shocks, Boge Turbo Lowering Spring Kit (30/20mm), ATE Power Discs
    Volvo C70 T5 GT
    UK Spec Toyota Supra 3.0ltr Twin Turbo Automatic
    ZX6R J1 Ninja

Tyre Guide & FAQ http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/...re-faqs-t1569/

BFUK weekday crew

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Si-135i's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    135i M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DSK View Post
    ITG filters tend to get more good reviews from owners from the performance Volvo forums and are liked at the only filter option over a standard filter.

Ok cheers for that this is what I received back for ITG when I asked a few questions, seems fair and honest enough to me :

Time to dispel a few myths about after aftermarket and OEM airlifters'.

Paper filters actually almost flow as much air as ours and competitors filters (within a small percentage) when they are brand spanking new and unused.

The big difference is seen after a few thousand miles worth of dirt build up. Paper filters and cotton gauze filters only use the surface of the filter to trap dirt, hence why they are pleated to increase surface area.
    This means that as soon as dirt starts to collect on the filter it will start losing airflow.

Foam filters use the depth of the filter to hold dirt and work more like a labyrinth progressively trapping the dirt as the air passes through the filter, this results in the filter being able to run for a lot longer without losing airflow - typically five times longer (we have test results taken at MIRA which can confirm this). This means that although you may not get an increase in power as such, you will keep the performance you have for a lot longer.

Being perfectly honest with you, no aftermarket filter will ever match a paper filter in terms of filtration levels.

Paper filters can remove particles down to 3 microns, our filters will work down to 5-6 microns with cotton gauze filters working down to around 10-12 microns. The worst kind of filter to use are the stainless steel mesh filters which will allow particles of up to 80-90 microns to pass through.
    Generally speaking damage will begin to occur when particles of 8-10 microns and above are allowed through.

Bimmerforums Central
    Car Details
    Boostist's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,426 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Sounds like they know their stuff

Regarding the Procdede..
    If you google it you will find some forum installs discussing it but essentially it is a well proven product (Version 1 and 2 previously) and it turns the 335i and 135i into a raging beastie (not that they are'nt quick already either but human nature always wants more...right?! )

have a read on their product page.

Procede V3

Its not cheap, but then, nor is an 07 plate 135i so its worth spending a little more and getting

1/masses more power
    2/proven reliability

I emailed them to check it was compatible with your car and they said
    Hi
    Yes the 335 Procede is the same as the 135. So just take a look here:
    http://www.vishnutuning.com/bmw_zero.htm

Team Vishnu
    It is removable and undetectable once removed (by BMW) as it is plug and play with nothing needing cutting or modifying.
    however apparently they have had some problems with 08 models as BMW has got wise (and very clever) and put some kind of encrypted memory code in the ECU to record when such devices are installed (apparently.....but this 'could' be scaremongering)
    As yours is an 07 it should be fine but you would need to speak to them if you were interested in it prior to any purchase

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Si-135i's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    135i M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by boostist View Post
    Sounds like they know their stuff

Regarding the Procdede..
    If you google it you will find some forum installs discussing it but essentially it is a well proven product (Version 1 and 2 previously) and it turns the 335i and 135i into a raging beastie (not that they are'nt quick already either but human nature always wants more...right?! )

have a read on their product page.

Procede V3

Its not cheap, but then, nor is an 07 plate 135i so its worth spending a little more and getting

1/masses more power
    2/proven reliability

I emailed them to check it was compatible with your car and they said

It is removable and undetectable once removed (by BMW) as it is plug and play with nothing needing cutting or modifying.
    however apparently they have had some problems with 08 models as BMW has got wise (and very clever) and put some kind of encrypted memory code in the ECU to record when such devices are installed (apparently.....but this 'could' be scaremongering)
    As yours is an 07 it should be fine but you would need to speak to them if you were interested in it prior to any purchase
    Thanks for the info on Procede (and the link), looks very interesting. I will be ordering the ITG Air filter today, it's £57. Next month I will probably get the BMW Performance exhaust and in that time I will look into the Procede re: time to fit, ease of fitting and any issues. It sounds like a better option than the SSTT, although time to fit on the 135i is probably similar, just a bit more complex.

Cue
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Cue's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    182 Trophy
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Hatchback
    Thanks
    + 1 for ITG - I know their work and they're about the best. It's all they do so filters are generally what they know lol, as opposed to 'multi million pound mft budgets' who use 3rd party companies and drill them down on price to supply filters that need changing every year or two - ITG's never need changing, just cleaning.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

RYM (30-09-2008)

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Si-135i's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    135i M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    All going well with both the ITG filter and exhaust fitted now.