heatshields

Notices
 

Thread: heatshields

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. heatshields 
    #1
    Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    gunner1's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    328i
    Year of Manufacture:
    1997
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    convertible
    gunner1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    mildenhall
    Posts
    838
    Thanks
    2,727
    Thanked 1,632 Times in 1,088 Posts
     
     

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to gunner1 For This Useful Post:

    Spirit (02-09-2011)

  3. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  4.  
    #2
    BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Disco Stu's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E36 318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    1992
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Disco Stu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Carrot crunching Norfolk..
    Posts
    2,152
    Thanks
    1,498
    Thanked 1,386 Times in 1,113 Posts
    They're spanking! Made a noticable difference to my car!
     
     

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Disco Stu For This Useful Post:

    gunner1 (02-09-2011)

  6.  
    #3
    BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Spirit's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e36 323i se saloon
    Year of Manufacture:
    1998
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    kings lynn-norfolk
    Posts
    4,167
    Thanks
    4,354
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,212 Posts
    Bill tried mine fitment wise but need a part no or link for the bit from the maf through the hole to join the air filter as my hks adapter is too big for it

    Ie,exactly the one you had

    Cheers Andy
     
     

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Spirit For This Useful Post:

    gunner1 (02-09-2011)

  8. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  9.  
    #4
    Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    gunner1's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    328i
    Year of Manufacture:
    1997
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    convertible
    gunner1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    mildenhall
    Posts
    838
    Thanks
    2,727
    Thanked 1,632 Times in 1,088 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    Bill tried mine fitment wise but need a part no or link for the bit from the maf through the hole to join the air filter as my hks adapter is too big for it

    Ie,exactly the one you had

    Cheers Andy
    andy the adapter mine came with induction kit the crome pipe i got from motor spares
    bill
     
     

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to gunner1 For This Useful Post:

    Spirit (02-09-2011)

  11.  
    #5
    BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Spirit's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e36 323i se saloon
    Year of Manufacture:
    1998
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    kings lynn-norfolk
    Posts
    4,167
    Thanks
    4,354
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,212 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner1 View Post
    andy the adapter mine came with induction kit the crome pipe i got from motor spares
    bill
    Wilcos do them,any idea what size it was as there's 3
     
     

  12.  
    #6
    Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    gunner1's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    328i
    Year of Manufacture:
    1997
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    convertible
    gunner1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    mildenhall
    Posts
    838
    Thanks
    2,727
    Thanked 1,632 Times in 1,088 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    Wilcos do them,any idea what size it was as there's 3
    andy the black adapter from maf 85mm crome pipe 75mm the hole on heatshield was 80mm hope this helps
    bill
    ps over all sizes
     
     

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to gunner1 For This Useful Post:

    Spirit (02-09-2011)

  14.  
    #7
    BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Spirit's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e36 323i se saloon
    Year of Manufacture:
    1998
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    kings lynn-norfolk
    Posts
    4,167
    Thanks
    4,354
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,212 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner1 View Post
    andy the black adapter from maf 85mm crome pipe 75mm the hole on heatshield was 80mm hope this helps
    bill
    ps over all sizes
    Brilliant,cheers bill
     
     

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Spirit For This Useful Post:

    gunner1 (02-09-2011)

  16.  
    #8
    BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    powerofm's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3 Evo
    Year of Manufacture:
    1996
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    powerofm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    london
    Posts
    145
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 75 Times in 61 Posts
    Hi Bill,

    Thats a very good heatshield mate and a superb price as well, Good man.

    I didn't go through the whole thread that you linked (sorry too lazy to read all those pages, lol!) but if you want a good material to insulate from heat then a sheet of neoprene and/or nitrile are very good to glue/bond onto the inside of the heatshield. These can be bought online from quite a few places, just need to google it. It will probably put the cost up a little bit but i'm sure if even people want to buy the sheet themselves and put it on it will be relatively cheap, easy and straight forward.

    Hope that helps mate.

    Kash
     
     

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to powerofm For This Useful Post:

    gunner1 (05-09-2011)

  18.  
    #9
    Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    gunner1's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    328i
    Year of Manufacture:
    1997
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    convertible
    gunner1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    mildenhall
    Posts
    838
    Thanks
    2,727
    Thanked 1,632 Times in 1,088 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by powerofm View Post
    Hi Bill,

    Thats a very good heatshield mate and a superb price as well, Good man.

    I didn't go through the whole thread that you linked (sorry too lazy to read all those pages, lol!) but if you want a good material to insulate from heat then a sheet of neoprene and/or nitrile are very good to glue/bond onto the inside of the heatshield. These can be bought online from quite a few places, just need to google it. It will probably put the cost up a little bit but i'm sure if even people want to buy the sheet themselves and put it on it will be relatively cheap, easy and straight forward.

    Hope that helps mate.

    Kash
    thanks kash i will look into that and it will just finish them of better and insulate them
    bill
     
     

  19.  
    #10
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    -=Daz=-'s Car Details
    Model of Car:
    3.0 M3 e36
    Year of Manufacture:
    1995
    Transmission Type:
    5 speed Man
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner1 View Post


    I'll have one If your still making them Bill
     
     

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions
  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts