Model of Car:
    M3 Evo
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    OK, been waiting for the buzz to wear down before i did this piece so i didn't sound like a child when writing it.

I finally got myself over to Evolve to see what all the raving was about with their remaps.

I met Sal, Imran and a 3rd guy whose name i can't remember (sorry 3rd guy), as others have said (mainly on M3Cutters forum as they are forum sponsors as well known on that forum) they really are true gentleman. Sal took the time to explain a bit about the industry and how mapping is done (sorry Sal, it did make sense at the time but itís all gone now). He sat me down and showed me what he changes in the maps, by how much and why, he went through the differences between mapping a street car and a race car and why some maps arenít good for road cars. I canít believe how much work goes into mapping and I donít mean getting files off another company and putting them on peoples cars but actually designing the maps and files yourself through research, development and looong hard hours! It was a pleasure to be there and meet some honest and genuine enthusiasts who carry these qualities over in their work, it really does show.

About the Map. What can I say?? The raving is all true! The car felt different as soon as I drove off on part throttle. Itís definitely more responsive, even lower down. Having owned and driven a car for 1 Ĺ years you get accustomed to what every input of the loud pedal feels like, and automatically as you press it you know how the car will respond. Well, after the remap that was out the window and it really did feel like I was driving someone elseís car! The revs definitely feel like they are going round faster than before and its overall just much more responsive, everywhere! The pull after 5K is a lot stronger and is obvious it wasn't just me thinking it is because I just had a remap. Iím just waiting to get my new suspension on and alignment done so I can explore the top end more safely!

Iíve had a few M3ís and had them remapped before, one was from superchips (so sht, itís not even worth talking about as all it did was put my airbag light on ). The other one was from *********, he gave it the large about mapping the vanos as well as the ECU and how fast and responsive it would beÖ.. he also said to allow 200-300 miles for the map to take effect (donít know how true that is) it didnít do much anyway. THIS remap was instantly noticeable and like I said all throughout the rev range and after 4-5K its foooookin strong. btw, I didn't realise they have a speed camera outside the industrial estate, (the ones that face you), hopefully i didn' get clocked.

I didnít get any dyno runs done as time was short and I don't need to either to be honest. I may do this later on just to see what it is making. I know itís a strong engine as I got 13.8 sec with trap speed of 105.4 MPH at Santa Pod (first ever time so I may have been able to get better time if I could have stopped it wheel spinning so much) so I will see what I get this year! But I did do some tests near my house from post to post and usually I can get it up to around 75íish mph, this time it was just under 80mph, I know its not an accurate method by far but the overall feel of getting from post to post was different and actually felt faster. Oh, I've felt that the remap has also improved the smoothness, i mean its not like the car was jerky before just the normal slight jerkyness you sometimes get from cold, well i didn't feel any this morning or late last night when i sneaked out for a quick spin on the empty back roads.

Get this done Guys, it really is all the rave that everyone is saying and worth every single penny.

Thanks Evolve

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to powerofm For This Useful Post:

Ronnie†(25-03-2011),w4vy†(25-03-2011)

3. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BFuk Legend
    Car Details
    steve23002's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530i Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,379 Times in 5,803 Posts
    Nice one Kash. Glad you are happy with it mate.....
    You fitted those new shocks yet...

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    powerofm's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3 Evo
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by steve23002 View Post
    Nice one Kash. Glad you are happy with it mate.....
    You fitted those new shocks yet...
    not yet mate. They were delivered whilst i was at work but my wife had gone out so they left a "while you were out" card. Gotta wait till Monday now because I don't think they deliver Weekends.

I ordered the intrax springs as well they should be here by next wed/thu. So next weekend i'll be installing my NEW SUSPENSION. Can't wait. Just enquiring about shorter, stiffer bump stops for the intrax. They don't really slam the car (25mm all round) but still would be nice to keep as much travel as i can.

Could you do me a biiig favour please. When you go out to your car could you turn it on full lock and see how much damper you can see when its just parked there? I want to have an idea of how much damper travel there is with the eibachs as the intrax are the same drop at the front.

Thanks

Kash

6. The Following User Says Thank You to powerofm For This Useful Post:

steve23002†(25-03-2011)

7. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BFuk Legend
    Car Details
    steve23002's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530i Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by powerofm View Post
    not yet mate. They were delivered whilst i was at work but my wife had gone out so they left a "while you were out" card. Gotta wait till Monday now because I don't think they deliver Weekends.

I ordered the intrax springs as well they should be here by next wed/thu. So next weekend i'll be installing my NEW SUSPENSION. Can't wait. Just enquiring about shorter, stiffer bump stops for the intrax. They don't really slam the car (25mm all round) but still would be nice to keep as much travel as i can.

Could you do me a biiig favour please. When you go out to your car could you turn it on full lock and see how much damper you can see when its just parked there? I want to have an idea of how much damper travel there is with the eibachs as the intrax are the same drop at the front.

Thanks

Kash
    Pull you finger out and collect the from the depot this weekend.....

Im not in the car today Kash, but PM me and remind me tomorrow and I will get it out of the garage and take a pic of the strut for you mate. I would do it tonight but it will be dark when I get home and the drive will be full of cars...
    Just remind me though because im a bugger for forgetting things...

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    powerofm's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3 Evo
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    No probs mate, I'll send you a pm.

Woohooo, hey redelivered just now!!! So I made my wife open the box up and read out what was written on them.

"Sachs Super Touring" she says

"Tell them daddy will be home soon" says I.....LOL

10. The Following User Says Thank You to powerofm For This Useful Post:

steve23002†(25-03-2011)

Administrator
    Car Details
    Ian S's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E60 530D, 911 C4S, Yaris T Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Loon
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,734 Posts
    Excellent, you got a damn good price on those shocks.

Ian

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    powerofm's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3 Evo
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian S View Post
    Excellent, you got a damn good price on those shocks.

Ian
    Yes, i thought so too. Don't know if i mentioned it but the final price was £288 delivered. Member called Vinny on M3cutters if others are interested.

Just waiting on the Intrax springs now which should be here next thursday. i really want to explore this remap fully but can't yet coz the supension is wallowy and the tracking is out since I removed the HSD's and replaced with this 2nd hand temporary craap.
    Last edited by powerofm; 25-03-2011 at 18:21. Reason: missed a bit

13. The Following User Says Thank You to powerofm For This Useful Post:

Ian S†(25-03-2011)

Administrator
    Car Details
    Ian S's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E60 530D, 911 C4S, Yaris T Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Loon
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,734 Posts
    I was keeping an eye on how your shocks worked out. Thanks for providing the details so others can benefit.

Last weekend I decided that I needed new shocks at 3:40 when GSF shut at 4:00... Ended up paying £400. Not ideal but the car was already in bits!

Ian

BFuk Legend
    Car Details
    steve23002's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530i Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian S View Post
    I was keeping an eye on how your shocks worked out. Thanks for providing the details so others can benefit.

Last weekend I decided that I needed new shocks at 3:40 when GSF shut at 4:00... Ended up paying £400. Not ideal but the car was already in bits!

Ian
    Nothing like last min.com Ian...

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    powerofm's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3 Evo
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    oh wow, gutted mate. wish i'd come on here before and posted about vinny! i think even ebay's motorist warehouse (A2Z carparts) is a bit cheaper than that GSF price. I guess if the car was in bits then not much choice eh??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast