Model of Car:
    E46 330Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible
    Thanks
    Having owned 2 other tuning boxes from DTE on other vehicles i finally purchased one for the Coupe.

I've purchased one of these http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/...stage-2-(crd-t)

Fitting it is very straight forward. It plugs into the Common Rail and the boost controller. The control box can be mounted in a suitable location and cable tied into position ensuring the flexible wiring loom isnt going to get caught in any moving parts or melted on something hot!

The system comes with 4 Maps each of which can be set from -30% to +30% in increments of 10%.

The system is only active once the car is revved above 3000rpm.

I have driven the car for a few weeks now with the tuning box on and have had no problems with excessive smoke or engine management lights coming on.

The additional power the box achieves is really quite amazing. The surge of additional torque from low down the rev range is the first noticeable thing, making light work of overtaking in any gear.

The additional torque is more noticeable at motorway speeds when accelerating in 6th or 5th gear from 50mph onwards.

Obviously i cant confirm or deny the claimed increased bhp/NM figures as i havent had it RR. All i can say is that it certainly feels a vast improvement.

The engine doesnt sound any different and economy hasn't changed either.

Driving around town enables gear changes at 1300rpm and it will pull 5th gear as low as 35mph without labouring.

To summarise i would highly recommend anyone who cant go down the remap route, because of warranty issues etc to purchase one and see for themselves.

I also purchased one of their pedal boxes - http://www.pedal-box.co.uk/site/inde...t&content=5852

The box basically plugs into the throttle pedal and increases throttle response. The pedal box has 4 different maps and sport or economy modes in 4 different setting. Throttle response is sharpened up and can be set to user preferences.

Thanks

Mark
    2004 330 Auto Cabriolet - Sat Nav with 2012 maps/Bluetooth/Wind Deflector/PDC/Full Black Leather/Memory Seats/TV.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Neanderthal's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318d Sports Plus
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Hi mate
    You say the system is only active once you rev past 3k rpm, do you mean you start the car and it'll remain 'standard' until the first time you rev it over 3k then the box is active and the performance is available from that point on until you turn the engine off?
    It looks like I'm going to have to go down the performance box route as my E92 318d can't be mapped through the OBDII port yet :(

Matt

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    APtuning's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e46 330D sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
    Hi mate
    You say the system is only active once you rev past 3k rpm, do you mean you start the car and it'll remain 'standard' until the first time you rev it over 3k then the box is active and the performance is available from that point on until you turn the engine off?
    It looks like I'm going to have to go down the performance box route as my E92 318d can't be mapped through the OBDII port yet :(

Matt
    Have you spoken to Jason at BWchiptune yet? as he'll be your best bet at being able to map it through the OBD

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318d Sports Plus
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Hi, no I haven't, I've only spoken to Mike at Motech so far.
    Just done a search on google for BWChiptune, I have the website up, but apart from the homepage, every other page doesn't load (i.e. the contact one).

edit: the website is working now. Will give him a call
    Matt

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Mark.'s Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 330Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible
    Thanks
    Hi mate

Matt
    Matt, i'll ask Andy who owns DTE UK/Diesel Performance. I'm fairly sure that the engine is operating as standard enabling you to drive it until it has warmed up etc prior to initiating the tuning box.

The pedal box is only altering the throttle response and certainly improves the initial take up when pulling away. A dab of throttle gives you good dollop of power.
    2004 330 Auto Cabriolet - Sat Nav with 2012 maps/Bluetooth/Wind Deflector/PDC/Full Black Leather/Memory Seats/TV.

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    APtuning's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e46 330D sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Just done a search on google for BWChiptune, I have the website up, but apart from the homepage, every other page doesn't load (i.e. the contact one).

Matt
    Just thought, that you may not get Jason just yet as he's returning from a car tuning show in Asia. Give him a call on 07831 103030 and if you don't get him straight away simply send him a text saying I sent you. He'll get back to you asap. If he doesn't get back to you, then let me know and I'll try for you.

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Mark.'s Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 330Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark. View Post
    Matt, i'll ask Andy who owns DTE UK/Diesel Performance. I'm fairly sure that the engine is operating as standard enabling you to drive it until it has warmed up etc prior to initiating the tuning box.

The pedal box is only altering the throttle response and certainly improves the initial take up when pulling away. A dab of throttle gives you good dollop of power.
    Matt, i spoke to Andy at DTUK, i was right and wrong. The system does initiate after approximately 3000rpm, however this is only for the first time it is energised after installation. Once its fitted it pretty much on all the time as soon as the engine has started. Stop start technology doesnt effect it.

Thanks

Mark

Administrator
    Car Details
    Ian S's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3 Evo, E60 530D, 911 C4S, Yaris T Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Loon
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,252 Times in 1,722 Posts

Matt
    Let us know in how you get on I'd also recommend giving evolve a bell as they are good on the later cars.

Ian

Authorised Bimmerforums UK Vendor
    Car Details
    motechmike's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e92 M3
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    DTC
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Hi mate

Matt
    Hi mate.. As I said its not the mapping side of it.. Its the take the back and the front off the ECU with out damaging the bored
    Thanks Mike

01604 810000
    07842 122467

ECU mapping to a standard, not a price!

www.motechperformance.co.uk
    info@motechperformance.co.uk

facebook/motechperformance

Performance Software: EcoMap | CityMap | ActiveMap | X-Maps & X-Maps +
    Tuning: Eibach | Vmaxx | Remus | Remus Powerizer | Jetex | Hawke | PiperCross | Forge | Carbon Speed

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to motechmike For This Useful Post:

Ian S (06-07-2011),Neanderthal (07-07-2011)

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318d Sports Plus
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Hi Mike, yeah it worries me too lol
    For that reason, I think I'm going to go down the tuning box route for the time being. I'll let you remappers work out a better way of doing it first

Matt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)