BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

e60 530d tuning options and limitations

31K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  bwchiptune 
#1 ·
Hi all.

I've had my 530d for about 6 month now. It's on a 53 plate with just under 100k. I love the car, I just want that little more from it now. I know this could be quite a broad topic but what kind of options do I have other than just a re-map? Is the twin turbo from the 535d a cost effective option? DPF removal, I'm not really sure on the pros/cons. I am looking to get at least a re-map in the next month or 2 but would rather have a few opinions first.

Thanks in advance
Chris.

#2 ·
Being a 53 plate, it probably doesn't have a dpf as the earlier e60s didnt come with them, but double check that. Depending on your location I'd recomend BW Chiptune as he done a great job on My Mercedes, and will be having my dpf gutted and a remap by Jason at BW Chiptune on the e60 some time in the new year.

#3 ·
Even though I'm a dealer for bwchiptune, I can't recommend them enough! As for your questions above, you really would need to have a chat with bwchiptune to get a clue as to the costs involved.
I think (budget depending) you would be best to go for bigger intercooler, exhaust, and a remap. THEN/OR if this isn't enough, look into getting a 535D and doing the same to that. First things first, make sure your car is running correctly before anything else & make sure the EGR is clean. Also check the oil breather, it should be the vortex type. If not vortex, then get one. No point in doing anything until car is running spot on. Of course, bwchiptune can do all this for you if you wanted.

#5 ·
Hi and thank you for the replies. It is something I am looking into doing. They are cracking cars for diesels but still, I'd like that little bit more. It's either get this one up to scratch or go looking for a v8 petrol. Maybe even the m5 for what they cost now...

#7 ·
Yeah? I'll have a look to see how far you are from me. How much notice do you guys need. Also do you have some kind of check list? I know the obvious like oil water and fuel but that's about it really so any advice would be handy.

Cheers
Chris.

#8 ·
Yeah? I'll have a look to see how far you are from me. How much notice do you guys need. Also do you have some kind of check list? I know the obvious like oil water and fuel but that's about it really so any advice would be handy.

Cheers
Chris.

#14 ·
Your website isn't working BWChiptune. :confused
If I got a remap (2004 530d E60) and removed my DPF at a later date, when it has to be mapped to account for DPF delete will this affect the original remap?
Is there anything worth doing before getting a remap which will help or be more cost effective than to do later??
Thanks!

#15 ·
Hmm, well for what it will cost in Diesel there and back I guess it would probably be more cost effective to do it up this way but my only concern then is the fact I may be dealing with someone less capable unless you know they offer a good service? Which dealer is it if you don't mind me asking?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.