BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

E60 525D tuning

Tags
525d tuning
14K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  rasa golf 
#1 ·
had a browse through some of the threads on here and it seems that the most common option is a remap. mine is a 177 bhp variant so what could i expect in terms of gains?

I will also be adding a k&n element and possibly in the future look into an exhaust system and decat. is there anything else out there to make my car a bit more special.

Thanks

#3 ·
had a browse through some of the threads on here and it seems that the most common option is a remap. mine is a 177 bhp variant so what could i expect in terms of gains?

I will also be adding a k&n element and possibly in the future look into an exhaust system and decat. is there anything else out there to make my car a bit more special.
No need to change the airfilter, OEM one is huge and K&N ones can clog up the MAF sensor, either way there is no power benefit to be gained by doing it.

#4 ·
It's the pipercross performance filter you need, not the K&N one,, on eBay

Remove the DPF but keep the cat and get it coded out and replace the exhaust from just past the gear box and a performance back box.

EGR by pass is a good move and link all that wit a remap.

Regular oil changes will keep the turbo happy and the pipes feeding the turbo clean,

I have a tuned and very quick 530d e60 and done lots to her so any thing I can hel you with just ask

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.