Guys,
On behalf of a family member i have a few questions :D

Is the K&N Typhoon kit worth it ? inc heat sheild

Is a remap worth it??

Is a milteck mainfold worth dooing?

Best regards
Charlie

#28 ·
Or wait till a rainy day, put it in sport mode, hold T/C button in for more than 5secs, drive flat out and feel the rear end step out and totally s**t yourself!! :rofl :rofl :rofl
respect the M,, i didnt and it will give you a serious boot up the arse and tell you to grow up! :hihi

there plenty fast enough as they are, but if you want to mod it get a csl inlet manifold and remap. it will cost you tho

#3 ·
before anyone else jumps in and savages you. there is a thread running on K&N cone filters (and others like Dave F and the like). It gets heated very quickly when people get onto the filters, for, against and not bothered alike all end up in a shouting match. probably best if we pretend you didnt ask that bit and just let others deal with the 2 remaining questions.

to coin a star wars phrase 'these are not the droids you want'

do a search for cone filters, here are 2 to start you off.

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f74/1991-e30-320i-k-n-airfilter-gains-t80198/

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f2/1996-e36-316i-k-n-gen-2-what-t77242/

now move along the bus please to the other 2 questions

I was a minute too slow and look what happened, merrygoround fired up and spinning with no way to stop it now :D
I tried, I really did.

#4 ·
Could anyone recommend any mods that are worth doing?

regards,

#6 ·
TBH I agree with the posts above. They are awsome machines as standard. Engine wise there is not a lot you can do. To get any more power is £££££ and you need to know what you are doing. Suspension wise Eibach springs are supposed to be a lot better than the standard springs. Mind you I have driven Plumb's E46 M3 and TBH I couldnt fault the suspension, brakes and the performance. If I had the cash I would trade in my Evo for one....:D

#7 ·
M3 Cutters say the Evolve remap on the E46 makes the car much better. Not got a E46 M3 so cannot comment but heard nothing but good things about Evolve and Sal.
K & N are rubbish, do not bother. Stories going around that it has reduced power in most cases and cause running issues.
Never heard of anyone changing the manifold.

#12 ·
You can't fit a supercharger and carbon CSL manifold as most charger's have their own manifolds, well I have never seen a CSL manifold and supercharger which is not to say they don't exist but is unlikely i would have thought.

Regards the OP, the E46 M3 induction system is one of the best factory setups out there and can not be bettered unlike other restrictive models (like E36), even by the likes of Gruppe-M. K&N will most definately lose you power as their heatshields are totally mickey mouse and not completely sealed. The E46 intake works on a semi-pressurised pulse system so as soon as you take the airbox away you lose the pressure and pulse tuning that BMW probably spent millions on developing. Its well proven that the OEM system is best I believe, at most get a BMC panel filter. For power if he already has Milltek cats and back box i would definately get the Evolve remap, not a single person has anything negative to say about it and all say it has increased power/throttle response and got rid of the kangarooing that some/most E46 M3's have from cold start. Check out the reviews on cutters.

Other than that if he wants to go faster, lose some weight! nice light recaro's will save him abotu 30-40KG alone.

HTH

#9 ·
Cheers for youre comments on this one lads

he already has the full milltek exhaust with cats im trying to convince him to leave the car alone now!

#21 ·
Does anyone know what exactly the sport button does?

Cheers!

#25 ·
I cant find my post on here so ill do it again lol

Does anyone know what exactly the sport button does?

Does it just ajust the throttle responce?

cheers again!

#35 ·
will do buddy (i had a dumb moment there haha)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.