316ti
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Hatchback

Thanks
    This is my first post on Bimmerforums.
    I thought the best way for me to start is by describing my concept for the E46 316ti I own.
    I know what your thinking only the 4cyl engine, well it is yes......at the moment. I am very happy with the performance of the engine (but anything would have been better than my old Puggly 306d), but i know there is room for alot more potential under the bonnet.

From searching arround the internet i see the largest engine the E46 compact comes withfrom factory is the 325. Somone may know differently...?

I'd like to step the engine hardware up to a more powerful lump at some point in the future, when i feel i can justify it :hihi
    If anyone can advise on the implications of this that'd be great, new engine mounts/gear box etc

As the engine is only a 4cyl i've decided to start with the cars visuals. This started the other week when i invested in some BMW Alloys.
    BMW 16inch.jpg

The wheels are on and a vast improvement to the stock steels and hubs that came with the car.

The body work is BMWs Titanium Silver. My plan is to have a two tone Black and Silver car, I was inspired by the Mercedes C Class Sport Coupe (the ones with a black roof).

The black sections will be the roof, boot lip, 316ti badge and alloys. People have suggested the wing mirrors aswell, but i am undecided on this.
    The boot lip may get replaced by a CSL boot lip.

As the color scheme is black and silver, i would look to replace the standard roundels, with a new set of black ones, this should look nice.

If you've got this far then fair play for reading, if you have any suggestions/tips or advice, it'd be amazing to hear it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    osomar's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact

Thanks
    You should have got a 325 which would have lasted you a life time in terms of performance.........
    I would of if I knew what i know now about N42's....
    BMW COMPACT E46 OWNER ASWELL.....

Upgraded Modz:
    Clutch Stop
    AP Coilovers
    HKS Spark Plugs
    EBC Brake Pads Front & Rear
    2nd Generation Sprint Booster
    Angel Eyes
    HID's 8000k
    K&N Air Filter
    Built In TV Navigation System
    Carbon Fibre Interior

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Brickhouse's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact

Thanks
    Welcome!! Indeed the Compacts biggest engine was the 2.5 6cyl on the later shape (E46) The older shape (E36) it was the 323i which I am almost certain is a 2.5? There were many rumors about an M3 being made in the Compact series, after some research it turns out this was true on the older/original Compact but only 3 were ever made.

The cost of an engine conversion can be rather expensive unless you know someone in the know. I was thinking about getting a 328i engine put in my E36 until I found out how much it would cost.....Ouch is all I can say and that is from someone in the know!