E46 330Ci. Pipercross VIS Induction Kit. Any experiences?

Notices
 

Thread: E46 330Ci. Pipercross VIS Induction Kit. Any experiences?

Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. E46 330Ci. Pipercross VIS Induction Kit. Any experiences? 
    #1
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    bimmer46's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    2000
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    I was browsing the web today looking for a Pipercross panel filter, and I came across this: http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/produc.../CVIS318&app=Y

    http://www.thepipercrossshop.co.uk/v...manufacturer=5

    They claim quite impressive figures for the kit.

    Has anyone on here fitted one to a 330Ci, or do you know anyone who has?

    I've heard that induction kits sometimes make very little difference and can actually even rob the engine of power. However, from what I have read, the loss in performance usually seems to be related to the filter sitting exposed in the hot air in the engine bay, whereas the VIS system seems to relocate the filter in a region of colder air (or so the makers claim).

    Is it worth the extra outlay compared to just a panel filter?

    BTW, I'm also having the car remapped.

    Thanks.
     
     

  2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  3.  
    #2
    Bfuk Legend
    Car Details
    RJB328i's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    350i
    Year of Manufacture:
    1989
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    2 door vert
    RJB328i's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    surrey
    Posts
    5,675
    Thanks
    7,052
    Thanked 6,626 Times in 4,238 Posts
    mate take a look at the BMC or Simota kits there are suppose to be the best and are cheaper than that, thats well expensive for an induction kit
     
     

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to RJB328i For This Useful Post:

    bimmer46 (09-01-2010)

  5.  
    #3
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    bimmer46's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    2000
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB328i View Post
    mate take a look at the BMC or Simota kits there are suppose to be the best and are cheaper than that, thats well expensive for an induction kit
    I've just had a listen to a 330i fitted with a Simota intake on Youtube. It sounds awesome!

     
     

  6. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  7.  
    #4
    Bfuk Legend
    Car Details
    RJB328i's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    350i
    Year of Manufacture:
    1989
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    2 door vert
    RJB328i's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    surrey
    Posts
    5,675
    Thanks
    7,052
    Thanked 6,626 Times in 4,238 Posts
    does sound very nice, you can buy them from Mstyle in romford mate for £195 i think check there web site, hope this helps
     
     

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to RJB328i For This Useful Post:

    bimmer46 (10-01-2010)

  9.  
    #5
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    bimmer46's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    2000
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB328i View Post
    does sound very nice, you can buy them from Mstyle in romford mate for £195 i think check there web site, hope this helps
    Thanks. I had a look at their site. I'll do a bit more research into the various kits available and I may give them a ring tomorrow to talk about the relative benefits of the Simota v. the PiperX VIS.
     
     

  10.  
    #6
    BFuk Resident Design Guru
    Car Details
    Bigbenstrikes's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    1991
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Bigbenstrikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Inverness
    Posts
    2,835
    Thanks
    1,344
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 1,038 Posts
    You going to need a heat shield so you could go for the bmc or the pipercross viper??
     
     

  11.  
    #7
    BFuk Moderator
    Car Details
    Martyn D.'s Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330 ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    2001
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    Martyn D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cambridgeshire
    Posts
    2,681
    Thanks
    2,478
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,111 Posts
    With an induction kit on the 330 you'll get a bit more of a deeper sound but will be lucky to see a 1hp increase....more likely to be -1...... don't read to much into the claimed hp increases, after all, its sales patter. Even with a remap there is little overall power increase but depending on what you want a remap is a good option. Bear in mind...its not often you'll be flat out on our roads.
     
     

  12.  
    #8
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    bimmer46's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    2000
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn D. View Post
    With an induction kit on the 330 you'll get a bit more of a deeper sound but will be lucky to see a 1hp increase....more likely to be -1...... don't read to much into the claimed hp increases, after all, its sales patter. Even with a remap there is little overall power increase but depending on what you want a remap is a good option. Bear in mind...its not often you'll be flat out on our roads.
    I'm not really interested in big gains, but if one kit is supposed to offer a gain, then that's a bonus.

    Re: remap. The one I am going for claims an increase from 2000rpm and throughout the rev range. Peak power doesn't interest me tbh - I want real world avaialability and a nice crisp response.
     
     

  13.  
    #9
    BFuk Moderator
    Car Details
    Martyn D.'s Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330 ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    2001
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    Martyn D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cambridgeshire
    Posts
    2,681
    Thanks
    2,478
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmer46 View Post
    I'm not really interested in big gains, but if one kit is supposed to offer a gain, then that's a bonus.

    Re: remap. The one I am going for claims an increase from 2000rpm and throughout the rev range. Peak power doesn't interest me tbh - I want real world avaialability and a nice crisp response.

    Thats exactely why i had my remap, and it does make a big differance, i'm sure you'll be pleased with the results
     
     

Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions
  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts