e46 325Ci what to do to improve power and MPG?

Notices
 

Thread: e46 325Ci what to do to improve power and MPG?

Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. e46 325Ci what to do to improve power and MPG? 
    #1
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    BigWillyStyle's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325 Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    2003
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Darlington
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Hi,

    I have just bought a Facelift e46 325Ci and i was wondering what tuning mods i could buy to up power and MPG. More so MPG as i do about 90 miles a day.

    Would Mapping benefit me at all?

    Any engine chips benefit me? etc etc...

    Thanks in advance for any help
     
     

  2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  3.  
    #2
    BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    Tall_Steve's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E64 630i M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    2007
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible
    Tall_Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Wilts & Somerset, UK
    Posts
    635
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 139 Times in 131 Posts
    What do you get to the mpg now? If you tune it you will probably get less mpg & have to pay for the tuning mods
     
     

  4.  
    #3
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    BigWillyStyle's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325 Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    2003
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Darlington
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall_Steve View Post
    What do you get to the mpg now? If you tune it you will probably get less mpg & have to pay for the tuning mods
    I'm not sure how much MPG i get at the minute but the engine is completely standard so i'm guessing 28-31 MPG.

    I thought mapping increases MPG and/or Power??
     
     

  5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  6.  
    #4
    BMW Master
    Car Details
    mark beardmore's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    m3
    Year of Manufacture:
    1994
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    burton on trent
    Posts
    289
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 64 Times in 54 Posts
    you can improve it with mapping but its only going to be a couple of mpg and would take quite a long time to pay for itself
     
     

  7.  
    #5
    BMW Master
    Car Details
    chrisl's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d
    Year of Manufacture:
    2002
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    touring
    chrisl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    suffolk
    Posts
    396
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 44 Times in 41 Posts
    sell it an get a 320d or 330d lol, only kidding, beleive it or not inflatting tyres to max limit and driving 10 mpg slower makes one hell of a difference!!
     
     

  8.  
    #6
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    BigWillyStyle's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325 Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    2003
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Darlington
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I would of got a 320d or 330d but there were all too high mileage or out of my price range :(

    I need to check my tyres actually,what pressure should they be?

    I drive about 60 mph on the motorway already lol
     
     

  9.  
    #7
    BMW Master
    Car Details
    fallschirmjager's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    1999
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    fallschirmjager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Colchester
    Posts
    453
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked 213 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWillyStyle View Post
    I need to check my tyres actually,what pressure should they be?
    Apparently 32 front and 42 rear though considering the lump is at the front and surely heavier than the diff and subframe at the back I can't work out why this would be.
    <img src=http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac183/airborne_warrior/SS101049.jpg border=0 alt= />
     
     

  10.  
    #8
    BMW Master
    Car Details
    chrisl's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d
    Year of Manufacture:
    2002
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    touring
    chrisl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    suffolk
    Posts
    396
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 44 Times in 41 Posts
    not sure what your tyre pressure should be, I think there is a label inside the drivers door or on the fuel cap somewhere! I aways used to put in 32 psi but now reading up its should be more like 40psi, made a big differecnce! Diesel bms will always be higher mileage as thats what people buy them for, I persoanlly wouldnt let the mileage put you off, I have an old 325 tds with 182k and runs like new, seriously its a craking engine! If you dont mind me asking how much on fuel do you spend a week then as I do 75 miles a day and the fuel costs kill me
     
     

  11.  
    #9
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    BigWillyStyle's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325 Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    2003
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Darlington
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
    Apparently 32 front and 42 rear though considering the lump is at the front and surely heavier than the diff and subframe at the back I can't work out why this would be.
    Yeah that seems a bit backwards!

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
    not sure what your tyre pressure should be, I think there is a label inside the drivers door or on the fuel cap somewhere! I aways used to put in 32 psi but now reading up its should be more like 40psi, made a big differecnce! Diesel bms will always be higher mileage as thats what people buy them for, I persoanlly wouldnt let the mileage put you off, I have an old 325 tds with 182k and runs like new, seriously its a craking engine! If you dont mind me asking how much on fuel do you spend a week then as I do 75 miles a day and the fuel costs kill me
    I know i was seriously considering getting one but then the one i bought came up and i couldn't resist

    I spend about 80 Pounds a week mate
     
     

Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions
  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts