BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

E46 320d performance exhaust

13K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  ACESLAP 
#1 ·
Iv been looking into getting an exhaust system sorted out. Now I know there are many place to get the exhaust done. But iv looked into either VORTEX or EMP PERFORMANCE.

What do people recommend? Because isit want to buy a pre built system to just strap on, I want a custom made one.

Can anyone help out on this?

Also, I will be getting a remap after the exhaust is done. I just want everything to go right.

All opinions and advice are welcome.

Thanks

Mak

#2 ·
Do you know if there's either a Powerflow or Longlife exhaust place near you ?
There are good and bad ones, so it's best if you can get recommendations, but they should be able to put together a system to suit your specific requirements.
As for the remap, there are several vendors on this very forum who should be able to sort you out there.

#3 ·
Powerflow are really cheap exhausts. Dont waste ur money
Ull pay alot for not alot..

Ok longlife exhaust comes with a long guarantee but again not that great.

You would be better off putting Ur money on a live map get the best out of how the engine breathes now.. you would only really ever gain a noise when you change a diesel exhaust
spend the money wise on the electrics thats what i say...

#4 ·
To be honest don't bother, decat the the downpipe and knock out the ceramic in the 2nd second cat and then invest your money in a slightly larger turbotechnics turbo, a good remap and put some cash aside for the inevitable flywheel replacement.

Or just ditch it and buy a 330d and remap it... much cheaper

#5 ·
There are a few power flow companies near me. I think EMP is power flow. There is style dynamics but they charge stupid amounts and their best exhaust fitter left.

I'm looking into vortex, because they are long life covered as well. Their main place is near Kent. So might have to pay a visit their one day.

#7 ·
I had a good deal with longlife on my 320cd 289.00 from the downtube (had that done ) withe 3" tail makes a big difference.. well happy. Was going to get the ecotune because their products are top notch but would have had the hasstle of fitting it my self on ramps ! not a nice thought..

cheers james

#8 ·
Thanks for that James.

I'm goin to make a trip to EMP on Monday see what they can do for me, then in going to torque exhaust in Enfield which is part of vortex and see what their options are.

Gotta love the hard life we lot live with decisions on our cars!!

#9 ·
I have come to a conclusion...

Rather than waste alot of money on a custom system, im going to buy a decat pipe from ECOTUNE and then think of something for the backbox, might just leave the stock one on.

Max i will be paying with new backbox would be around £250 or so...

#10 ·
I have the ecotune full decat system+remap (not ecotune) + egr delete..... near 200hp or more :) £850+fitting the exhaust....well worth it mate!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.