E39 540i, Super Charging

Notices

Thread: E39 540i, Super Charging

Reply to Thread
  1. E39 540i, Super Charging 
    Banned
    Thanks
    Hi Guys

I am thinking of doing something to my car so I can get more power, I like my instant power so when I floor it the car should move. hence the choice of super charger. Is there any other alternative I should look in too which would cost me less because the super charger solution is not cheap.

Have any of you guys tried supercharge a V8 and what do you get out of it and is there any concerns I should be aware of.

I would properly do most of the work my self but I have been looking around a bit and whole new kit cost close to £3000 so I was wondering does anybody know where I can get the kit cheaper then this or even maybe a second hand one.

/Adel

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

RYM
    Legendary BFuk Member
    Car Details
    RYM's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325tds
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,935 Times in 3,119 Posts
    £3000 sounds like a steal to me mate

I would advise against second hand purchases as a rule... But that's just because i'm fussy

Bimmerforums Central
    Car Details
    Boostist's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,426 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adelaz View Post
    Hi Guys

I am thinking of doing something to my car so I can get more power, I like my instant power so when I floor it the car should move. hence the choice of super charger. Is there any other alternative I should look in too which would cost me less because the super charger solution is not cheap.

Have any of you guys tried supercharge a V8 and what do you get out of it and is there any concerns I should be aware of.

I would properly do most of the work my self but I have been looking around a bit and whole new kit cost close to £3000 so I was wondering does anybody know where I can get the kit cheaper then this or even maybe a second hand one.

/Adel
    Hi Adel

Have a read through this mate, its a thread I put together on supercharging and may be helpful to you,

Supercharging

The kit you have seen at £3k sounds a bargain TBO mate...I am not aware of any second hand ones and Im pretty sure you would need to buy it from the US as there are quite a few SC 540s out there.

Risks with a 2nd hand kit are mainly that the supercharger itself may be knackered or worn and you wont find out till you fit it (eg./ it throws the belt al the time or is noisy)

What about getting Wizards of Nos to install a 150 shot kit for about £600 (ish)

Then you get an insta 150 hp for a good amount of times for the price of a refill on teh Nos bottle

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Banned
    Car Details
    AutoCustomEngineering's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    328,2.0litre,1600
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type: