BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

e36 super charging my 2.8 z3 how much power can the standed clutch handle ?

4K views 29 replies 5 participants last post by  dan123ben 
#1 ·
how much power can the standed 328i / 2.8 z3 clutch handle does any one know? i ask cus i will be super charging my 2.8 z3 soon it already been tuned up and is make just shy of 240bhp at the crank . i will be using a vf super charger kit a 6ps that makes 280ish on a standed 2.8 or 328 and 290 on a 3.0l as am making more power that the 3.0l engine as it it should be able to it around 300bhp to 330bp any how is it poss to fit the cluch of a m3 1998? if not am lookng at a black dimond one

#6 ·
You know that - but the only figures you've mentioned in this thread are BHP?.. BHP is completely irrelevant when it comes to clutches. In any case most people would probably fit the SC first and then see if it was slipping...

#17 ·
thats not bad but are thay made good or are thay cheap i have had a luk clutch thats was ok like . not you mate but others ye i could change the engine but i what a charger its the fun of doing it its a hobbie i have a lotus elise to and a honda fire blade all have been tuned up with parts and stuff to make more power am addicted big time if a got a m3 then i would wnat to charge that and so forth if you get me so its the trill of doing it if that makes sence i got near 240bp out of my 2.8 engine so far the charged should push well in to the 300 to 330 bhp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.