BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

e36 328 induction kit

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  danidge 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

The induction kit below look like the kit to replace the asc throttle and direct connection from throttle body to cone filter.
However I cannot see where I should fit the maf, if the maf is not there I am sure I will have number of performance issues so guess I should place the maf box before the cone filter

Ideas?

thanks

link to the ebay induction kit
BMW E36 92-95 320i-328i COLD AIR FILTER INDUCTION KIT | eBay

G
#5 ·
For the quality & cost of that induction kit you would be better off buying a good panel filter, debaffling your stock air box ( guides on here how to do it ) & fit the panel filter to your now derestricted air box.

G
#8 ·
That heat shield isn't that good to be honest, you should really be looking at closing off your filter to the engine bay completely. You definitely don't want the CCV hose going to your intake otherwise you will be sucking oil vapour into your engine & it won't be returning to the sump like its supposed to. Quality filters does generally mean quality. I would either save your money for a good induction kit or deresrict a stock air box & fit a quality panel filter. You wont regret doing it properly, trust me.

#12 ·
Here´s my induction kit. Easy DIY job. It´s not pretty but it works. BMC cone filter connected to 3 inch silicone pipe. The heat shield is made from 3 mm plastic and the ugly yellowish thing on the engine side is reflective aluminum faced material sticked to the plastic. I also put 3 inch pipe behind the bumper that feeds cold air inside the heat shield. I found the plan attached to this post from US Bimmer forum. I made first version out of cardboard to make sure it fits. The shield is easy to make prettier if you have time. Paint it black and add weatherstrip on top to seal it to the bonnet. It could almost look factory made. I made mine in a hurry. As always.
Technical drawing Text Plan Diagram Drawing
Auto part Wire Plastic Metal
Engine Auto part Fuel line Vehicle Car
Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Hood

#15 ·
Here´s my induction kit. Easy DIY job. It´s not pretty but it works. BMC cone filter connected to 3 inch silicone pipe. The heat shield is made from 3 mm plastic and the ugly yellowish thing on the engine side is reflective aluminum faced material sticked to the plastic. I also put 3 inch pipe behind the bumper that feeds cold air inside the heat shield. I found the plan attached to this post from US Bimmer forum. I made first version out of cardboard to make sure it fits. The shield is easy to make prettier if you have time. Paint it black and add weatherstrip on top to seal it to the bonnet. It could almost look factory made. I made mine in a hurry. As always.
View attachment 40052 View attachment 40055 View attachment 40053 View attachment 40054

Nice bit of plumbing :thumbsup ive ordered a 80mm bend to make it easier to fit over the maf.
As im a plumber ive Got the rest of the bits in my van, if any body wonderd it's a 22mm tank connector you can get push fit to make it easier.
I'm gona use 15mm as it will fit inside the old Pcv vent pipe with bit of tape round it, as it the same size as the
Push on connector on the standard hose.

#13 ·
i got a 9 degree bend, drilled a hole in it and used a copper compression fitting to connect the ICV.

Blue Cobalt blue Material property

i did cut the copper pipe right down and connected to ICV with some vacuum hose.

Vehicle Car Auto part Engine Luxury vehicle

or rather than spend £15 ish on the 90 degree bend i could of spend £80 and got one with the ICV connection on.

#16 ·
thanks, just bought the ebay kit and if it did't fit then i will return it,
i thought it is easier to have it all professionally or at least done by machine than trying to do plumbing :)

don't get me wrong the diy is more fun but maybe not as good as the machined one and may workout more expensive

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.