Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith2.2 View Post
    cheap tuning bits...cheap tuning bits...ummmmm

ohh you could get an 'electric supercharger' and a thing for your exhaust to sound like a turbo - should be good for a few bhp?

you fiesta sounds like my civic matey - utterly self indulgent toy. Loves it. (I know a guy called mark who iirc did the first mk3 2.0 zetec conversion, must have been 6 or 7 years ago now, I remember it felt quick then lol).

You've also done exactly what I've been considering and are having the issues that are stopping me from doing it -

-there's not a lot of scope for tuning the 325i
    -it's going to need a LOT of kick to feel as quick as the small car / big engine combination.

The only two things I can really proffer are:

cheap / reliable / power - you can only ever have two of the three.

Add lightness - the e36 is a 195bhp car. It weighs 1495kg. You should be able to get that down by 100kg (in fact there's a thread in this forum about weight saving on a 325i). Knocking 100kg off will do more for the pace of the car than adding another 20-30bhp.

Funny you mention the electric superchargers, my mate had one and offered it to me for free. I told him if i decide to overclock my pc then ill have it lol

The fiesta was a really good toy but it got to the point where it was to unrelible for an every day car and i had spent to much money onit to have it sitting around as a weekend/track car. Ive sold most of it off still got the engine though which i need to get rid of soon before i drop it into something else and start wasting money again.

I would lighten the BMW but i quite like having a comfy car for everyday so dont want to strip it out, must be getting old and sensible lol. Just want a bit more power to make it more lively. Was considering turbo/supercharger but then thats going to make it unrelible so going to stick with a little bit of na tuning. If i can get near US spec m3 power ill be happy for now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Sunil325i's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Ended up swapping my 325i for a WRX, miss rwd bigtime now though although the rush of a turbo car is fun

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    xXxStKxXx's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    man
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Thanked 6,072 Times in 4,854 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikaveli View Post

An induction kit will offer very little (if any) gains, the 325 is already pretty free flowing. Just go for a decent replacement panel filter and a remap - you'll be looking at around a 12 -15 bhp gain.
    this 325i cannot be remapped-it has to be chipped as its a 94 325i so has a read only chip.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Sunil325i's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by StK View Post
    this 325i cannot be remapped-it has to be chipped as its a 94 325i so has a read only chip.
    take it that means actually changing the 'Chip' inside the ecu

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    xXxStKxXx's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    man
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Thanked 6,072 Times in 4,854 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunil325i View Post
    take it that means actually changing the 'Chip' inside the ecu
    Yes-I have tried to find out more but there aren't many places that do this anymore.Apparently its just plug and play but do you dare risk spending money on a chip that more than likely will not work?I have a 94 325i

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Sunil325i's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by StK View Post
    Yes-I have tried to find out more but there aren't many places that do this anymore.Apparently its just plug and play but do you dare risk spending money on a chip that more than likely will not work?I have a 94 325i
    Yea ive seen loads on ebay but would never try one of them just in case

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    captain_chaos's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunil325i View Post
    Think i might have tracked down some cams.

Cans someone confirm do i need US spec S50 or S52?
    As far as I know mate you would need the S50 US spec cams cos the US spec 3.0 ltr M3 is using the beefed up version of the M50 block in the 325.
    But I been lookin at this and had no luck finding those cams so would probs resort to aftermarket parts, as I read the hartger cams are the dogs bollox, more aggressive comparing to the alpina cams. But they cost a lot! Found a cam kit with injectors and a chip on turnermotorsport.com but its bout 1.5k in dollars as its a US shop.
    And kent cams do the cams for the older 2.5 blocks, the M20 I think it is. Havent actually rang them to find out if they could do a set of M50 cams and their prices seem reasonable too.

And by the way, had a little giggle at the debate with the "girls car" to be honest, any front wheel drive car will loose a race against a RWD car. A 2 ltr redtop nova cud not keep up with me on the A686 or A696 its is and I was drivin my 316 with coocked drum breaks on the back
    It all comes down to the driver not the car, Im sure there are some drivers who could torture an M3 on a proper back road in a 316
    Before some1 does say anything, I am not saying that I could do that, I only wish I was that fast

Dr of BMW
    Car Details
    Diablo944's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325 ti compact sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    leadfoot sport trip
    Car Body Type:
    compact
    Thanks
    my girlfriend would kill for a festa ST. For some reason she has fallen in love with them. She currently has a 1.8 tsport toyota celica. Both cars are front wheel drive and therefor (in this house at least) its a girls car.

There will always be arguments for which is best, front wheel drive or rear. My stepdad loves front wheel drive, says it is far easier to drive than any of the rear wheel drive cars he has ever had. So, FWD is definitely for the ladies and old men.

I say this solely as we are in a BMW forum, so theoretically, over 90 percent of the members are likely to agree. Obvioulsly some of that 90 percent may be female or old (perhaps female AND old) so I may lose some support there as well.
    2002 325 Compact Sport ti M-Tec---- A little thanks goes a long way

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    captain_chaos's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Diablo944 View Post
    my girlfriend would kill for a festa ST. For some reason she has fallen in love with them. She currently has a 1.8 tsport toyota celica. Both cars are front wheel drive and therefor (in this house at least) its a girls car.

There will always be arguments for which is best, front wheel drive or rear. My stepdad loves front wheel drive, says it is far easier to drive than any of the rear wheel drive cars he has ever had. So, FWD is definitely for the ladies and old men.

I say this solely as we are in a BMW forum, so theoretically, over 90 percent of the members are likely to agree. Obvioulsly some of that 90 percent may be female or old (perhaps female AND old) so I may lose some support there as well.
    Ha ha ha mate you are right and so is your stepdad. Front wheel drive cars are easier to drive but after having my civic and going to the BM, I am never going back, you can do just sooo much more with rear wheel drive, you can power through much tighter corners where a FWD car will just understeer.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Nomad's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E36 328i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Maual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Diablo944 View Post
    A lot is personal choice I am used to rwd so can push powerful rwd cars more than I can push fwd (had a nice Lancia turbo that was so light at the back it was dangerous with my driving style - convinced me to stick with rwd )

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast