535i Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunil325i View Post
    Your just the kind of bloke i liked racing in my fiesta. Just to see there face when theyve been cained off by a 'girls car'
    That 'face' is the face of someone not bothered. Having a faster/slower car than me doesn't bother me either way. I drive at the speed I feel comfortable at, if you want to drive faster that's your choice.

Oh, and I don't race on the road - I save it for the track. Racing on the road is dangerous, irresponsible and means nothing... an M3 with TCS 'beating' a Fiesta - or any two cars in completely different classes (power/drive/weight) would mean nothing.

Go get a race licence, we'll get two identical cars and go to Donnington - then we'll look at your face...

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,115 Times in 5,338 Posts
    Guys, are we diverting from the original topic?

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Sunil325i's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mikaveli View Post
    That 'face' is the face of someone not bothered. Having a faster/slower car than me doesn't bother me either way. I drive at the speed I feel comfortable at, if you want to drive faster that's your choice.

Oh, and I don't race on the road - I save it for the track. Racing on the road is dangerous, irresponsible and means nothing... an M3 with TCS 'beating' a Fiesta - or any two cars in completely different classes (power/drive/weight) would mean nothing.

Go get a race licence, we'll get two identical cars and go to Donnington - then we'll look at your face...

Your a right moody one aint ya. You were the one trying to take the mick out of me, quoting figures to try and make me look stupid. Not my fault you jumped the gun without the info and looked like an idiot

Your telling me you have never had little race on the rd is load of crap. Everyone who is into cars has. Im not talking racing down a 30 road at 3.15 when there is kids and that about, as that is for little boy racers with no sense. Having a little race on a dual carriage way/motorway or back roads when it is clear and safe is not a problem in my opinion and every car enthusiast has done it

I have driven on track and love it been to Brunters twice and silverstone with my fiesta. My mate is building a dakar spec pulsar up that we will be taking on track. Also i do motox and have been to all the local tracks with my YZ, aswell as all the local 4x4 tracks with my suzuki sj. So im pretty experierenced with driving fast in any type of car and bike on track and that is where i get my speed fix from.

Not even goto rise to the 'Go get a race licence, we'll get two identical cars and go to Donnington - then we'll look at your face'. Its like saying my dad is bigger than your dad etc lol. Grow up mate. You might be faster than me round track or you might not be, doesnt matter to me in the slightless cause your a condescending idiot.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Sunil325i's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NealP View Post
    Guys, are we diverting from the original topic?
    yes we are sorry mate. hate stuck up people trying to make a newbie look like an idiot.

Anyways i would still like some tips on cheap ways to improve my bmw. Really want parts off other bmws i can fit to improve it slightly to keep costs down.

The cam bits i now know. So looks like i need US spec cams. Are these S50 cams? thats what ive seem them referred as.

Would also like to know how i can tell if my saloon has the optional mtec suspension setup. If it doesnt what suspension setups can i get off other bmws that will fit and improve it. Coupe suspension?

Also lsd's , was it an option on non m3 e36's ? what ones will fit from other bmws?

Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    mikaveli's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    535i Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    yes we are sorry mate. hate stuck up people trying to make a newbie look like an idiot.
    Mate, I've been answering your questions and trying to help. My first post was merely questioning why your 325 felt so much slower than your Fiesta - a heavily modded Fiesta explains that. I wasn't quoting figures to make you look stupid.

Sorry for poking fun at your old car, but this is a BMW forum, why get so defensive?

"Your a right moody one aint ya.",
    "Grow up mate. You might be faster than me round track or you might not be, doesnt matter to me in the slightless cause your a condescending idiot."
    "hate stuck up people trying to make a newbie look like an idiot."

You throw around a lot of insults considering that I'm apparently stuck-up and condescending.

Neal - Sorry about this.

To answer your question about the LSD, iirc the 328i LSD should fit, but double check - some smaller capacity e36's use a smaller case rear-diff, but I'm assuming the 325's is the same as the 328i's.

Only pre-ASC 328i sports have an lsd as standard (other than the M3 - which uses a different drive ratio). Check my earlier thread, there's one listing the part number and cost.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mikaveli For This Useful Post:

Sunil325i (25-03-2009)

Bimmer Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,115 Times in 5,338 Posts
    Look, let's not get out of order...keep it on track and please don't start any arguments. Both your cars could easily be whipped by Mark Vorny's re-mapped Fiat 500 ....so that's sorted it for both of you.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to xXNealXx For This Useful Post:

steve23002 (25-03-2009)

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Sunil325i's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mikaveli View Post
    Mate, I've been answering your questions and trying to help. My first post was merely questioning why your 325 felt so much slower than your Fiesta - a heavily modded Fiesta explains that. I wasn't quoting figures to make you look stupid.

Sorry for poking fun at your old car, but this is a BMW forum, why get so defensive?

"Your a right moody one aint ya.",
    "Grow up mate. You might be faster than me round track or you might not be, doesnt matter to me in the slightless cause your a condescending idiot."
    "hate stuck up people trying to make a newbie look like an idiot."

You throw around a lot of insults considering that I'm apparently stuck-up and condescending.

Neal - Sorry about this.

To answer your question about the LSD, iirc the 328i LSD should fit, but double check - some smaller capacity e36's use a smaller case rear-diff, but I'm assuming the 325's is the same as the 328i's.

Only pre-ASC 328i sports have an lsd as standard (other than the M3 - which uses a different drive ratio). Check my earlier thread, there's one listing the part number and cost.
    Was only getting defensive as your taking the mick out of a car that i spent years speccing and working on. It may have only been a fiesta but performance handling wise it was in a totally differnt league.

I accept you apology and apoligise to you for going off on one.

No hard feelings and thanks for the info.

Take it a m3 lsd is totally different then, i need an early 328 sport one. Did all sports come std with an lsd.

Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    mikaveli's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    535i Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Was only getting defensive as your taking the mick out of a car that i spent years speccing and working on. It may have only been a fiesta but performance handling wise it was in a totally differnt league.

I accept you apology and apoligise to you for going off on one.

No hard feelings and thanks for the info.

Take it a m3 lsd is totally different then, i need an early 328 sport one. Did all sports come std with an lsd.
    That's ok mate, it wasn't meant to be hostile, just as a casual joke.

The M3 lsd has different mounting flanges (6 bolt not 4), as far as I recall - so you'd need the rear axles and a few more bits. I'm pretty sure the M3 diff is a 3.15 ration instead of the 2.93 that the 328 has. So you'd lose some top speed, but it should benefit your acceleration (but maybe not your 0-60 because it would add another gear change).

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Sunil325i's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Think i might have tracked down some cams.

Cans someone confirm do i need US spec S50 or S52?

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Keith2.2's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    m
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    cheap tuning bits...cheap tuning bits...ummmmm

ohh you could get an 'electric supercharger' and a thing for your exhaust to sound like a turbo - should be good for a few bhp?

you fiesta sounds like my civic matey - utterly self indulgent toy. Loves it. (I know a guy called mark who iirc did the first mk3 2.0 zetec conversion, must have been 6 or 7 years ago now, I remember it felt quick then lol).

You've also done exactly what I've been considering and are having the issues that are stopping me from doing it -

-there's not a lot of scope for tuning the 325i
    -it's going to need a LOT of kick to feel as quick as the small car / big engine combination.

The only two things I can really proffer are:

cheap / reliable / power - you can only ever have two of the three.

Add lightness - the e36 is a 195bhp car. It weighs 1495kg. You should be able to get that down by 100kg (in fact there's a thread in this forum about weight saving on a 325i). Knocking 100kg off will do more for the pace of the car than adding another 20-30bhp.
    320d ES fur die wochen
    H22 Powered EG civic - 210bhp, 925kg, fuuullly stripped.
    4.0 High Output Jeep Cherokee for playing...200bhp, 1400kg..faster than the bimmer

well I *was* bmw driving champion lol. 4 months! best I start again...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast