323/5
    Year of Manufacture:
    E36
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupé

Thanks
    I'm about to fit a Wizards of Nos kit with progressive controller to my 323 with M50 manifold.

The kit is currently a single injector system. Looking at the M50 manifold, it would probably be best in the long run to upgrade to direct port with 6 injectors.

So who has run nitrous on this engine and what sort of jets have you been running? Be interested to hear from anyone running single point up to a 75 shot. Where you have positioned the injector etc?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    TheEnd's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,990 Times in 2,440 Posts
    For a wet system (which this should be) inside close the the throttle as possible, you'll want enough space to mix everything properly, otherwise only the middle cylinders will get anything.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TheEnd For This Useful Post:

Mark_F (10-07-2010)

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    gstuning's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    You need to configure the jets according to whatever mixture readings you get from a WBO2 setup.

I helped somebody with a M42 and we ran the 75hp setup on hit and it´s just great. Feels like a very healthy M52B28. I´m not sure it gave 75hp though. Maybe slightly less.

6. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Mark_F's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323/5
    Year of Manufacture:
    E36
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupé

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnd View Post
    For a wet system (which this should be) inside close the the throttle as possible, you'll want enough space to mix everything properly, otherwise only the middle cylinders will get anything.
    Yeah, I'll try and get hold of a direct port setup as soon as possible. I don't see the need to run any more solenoid's though as I don't plan on going over 100. Yet.

Regarding the positioning of the injector, there is very little plenum space after the TB before it breaks into the runners, its a crap design for single injector Nitrous tbh. :(

Quote Originally Posted by gstuning View Post
    You need to configure the jets according to whatever mixture readings you get from a WBO2 setup.

I helped somebody with a M42 and we ran the 75hp setup on hit and it´s just great. Feels like a very healthy M52B28. I´m not sure it gave 75hp though. Maybe slightly less.
    I had no intention of wideband monitoring, I was planning on setting it up with the static rev-test though I do have a rolling road day coming up, at which we would obviously check the AFR's. But ideally I'd like it running before then.

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    TheEnd's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,990 Times in 2,440 Posts
    You'd want it at least set up with a wideband, and then don't fiddle with the settings after.

The nitrous mixing i mentioned because a guy did an autopsy on his burnt out e46 in the US.

he had a multipoint system, but the first main line swung in a big arc to a set of joins for the other pipes.
    The nitrous mostly followed the arc and preferentially went into one end of the engine, so had a huge range between cyls 1 and 6.

he also had a fancy fuel pump, and when the car first went bang and caught fire, the pump kept going, spraying fuel into the engine, and the whole lot melted.

The teardown and detective work was amazing. It could have been a discovery channel show!

at the very least, when you install the jets, you'll see they spray in one direction sideways.
    I'd aim that back into the incoming air, so it'll mix, as the other way, into the runners might dump everything in cyls 3 and 4.

Best bet is to track someone down with a working system. You'll prob see them in the US more, and follow what they did. Maybe i'm being overcautious , maybe i've missed a glaring noob mistake...

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Mark_F's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323/5
    Year of Manufacture:
    E36
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupé

Thanks
    With the amount of space in the plenum after the TB, I'm not sure how i'd be able to aim it back into the airflow to be totally honest, I suspect it would be spraying back into the inlet pipe.

As said, I'd planned on setting up with the static rev test, 2:1 "safe" jets - Probably a 50 shot till I get to the rolling road.

I hear what you're saying about the mixing, but if he had one big arc pipe then it sounds like a poor setup in the first place - overcomplicated further by the distribution blocks etc. I'll take everything said here on board but it sounds like most are airing on the side of caution.