BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

E36 323 tuning mods

11K views 43 replies 19 participants last post by  touch_reality 
#1 ·
Hi All

Looking for some advice as to where to start in my quest for more power from my e36 323 coupe??? Totally standard engine-wise at the moment!

Thanks

#37 ·
I have a 323i, looking to add my first engine mods to it. Currently has the M3 body kit on it, and a de-cat

I see people saying to get the 325 manifold, where others say the M50. Are these both the same or are they different. And how can I tell?

EDIT:
Just doing some looking around, the manifold is plasic? I was thinking it would be metal?

Also, all I need to do is buy the M50 inlet manifold which is off any 325i (regardless of age) and it will replace my 323i one without an issue of any extra parts?

#38 ·
Reactions: Dan7712
#39 ·
Or I can supply a fully machined manifold that fits straight on with no T pieces, tye wraps, etc. This utilises everything in it's original positions as it would be on the M52.

Here is a pic of the standard M52 manifold items.

Here is my converted M50 manifold with everything in exactly the same place.

#42 ·
Running gear question

hi all i am new to bimmerforums, i like to thank all the members for the help they have provided for so many questions regarding bmws.http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/happy/thumbsup.gif

if after tunning the 323i with cai, bbtb, m50 manifold, power pulleys, exhaust manifold with custom exhaust (full) and ecu remap, with the increase in bhp and torque. would the transmission, propshaft, drive shafts and diff have to be replaced by 328i running gear or would the standard running gear suffice?

could somebody with knowledge pls write up the common parts shared by 323i and the 328i post 96.

thanks all.

#43 ·
hi all i am new to bimmerforums, i like to thank all the members for the help they have provided for so many questions regarding bmws.http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/happy/thumbsup.gif

if after tunning the 323i with cai, bbtb, m50 manifold, power pulleys, exhaust manifold with custom exhaust (full) and ecu remap, with the increase in bhp and torque. would the transmission, propshaft, drive shafts and diff have to be replaced by 328i running gear or would the standard running gear suffice?

could somebody with knowledge pls write up the common parts shared by 323i and the 328i post 96.

thanks all.
You will have no problem at all with your 323 running gear. Most of it is exactly the same as the 328 anyway.

#44 ·
So if I'm reading this right, the 328 mani and bbtb and exhaust system are practically bolt ons. Do you need the exhaust manifold from the 328 for the exhaust to fit or does it pop right onto the 323s one. Also off track abit but a good and reasonably priced mapper near the southwest wouldn't go amiss if anyone knows of one I don't fancy driving to the midlands to get it done x]

Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.